Elapsed Time

magpie

Does anyone know of an appropriate business function to use to determine elapsed time?

I'm writing a custom report to determine if an order has been in a given status code for more than 4 hours.

While searching I found B9000060 (calculate elapsed time), but there are no notes attached to it and I'm not sure if it will do what I need it to do (compare current time to sales ledger time).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Maggie

Hmmm,

The BD3xxxxxx BSFNs were provided to JDE by a "third party" that had a "bolt on" product for JDE OW.

It is possible that JDE stopped distributing them after a certain SP level. In fact, I just checked my ERP8.0 standalone and they are not there.

If you are interested I could probably dig the C code up and send it to you.

Barry

Barry,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure I would know what to do with the underlying C code. For now I'm going to experiment with B9000060.

Thanks again,

Maggie

Maggie,

I took a quick look at B9000060 and it appears that it is taking in Start Time (a mathnumeric in hhmmss format), Start Date (JDEDATE format) and returning the time difference in seconds between the start date/time and the current date/time into a mathnumeric.

Barry

Back