E1 BSSV : Have DV and PY BSSV Ports againt one ENT server port???!!

JDE0101

All,

We have DV900 and PY900 running on our iSeries development enterprise server 6015 port.

I have created 2 seperate BSSV instances in SVM for WAS 7 JDV and JPY BSSV and when I can start the JDV900 instance and have it working OK. (Tested with SOAP UI)

When i then try start the PY instance from SVM i get the following error in the BSSV PY Port JAS Log

11 Apr 2013 15:13:12,745[SEVERE][NET]JdeServerListener can not listen on port 6015 java.net.BindException: Address already in use

11 Apr 2013 15:13:12,747[SEVERE][BSSVFRAMEWORK]JdeServerListener Exception: Cannot' listen on the port :6015 om.jdedwards.system.net.JdeNetException: Cannot' listen on the port :6015

Now, i believe the problem is because we have already assgined the 6015 for the incoming / outgoing JDENET ports for the DV910 instance hence we CANNOT for some reason share these Ent ports for the JPY910 BSSV instance. (see attached for JPY BSSV instance Runtime settings from BSSV config)

We want to have developement unit tested on JDV900 BSSVport and then integration testing on JPY900 BSSV port

Is this the case that i will to create a seperate foundation for DV910 and PY910 so i can have different ports to then plug into the BSSV config????

See attached

E900, TR 9.1.2, Iseries Ent, WAS7 HTML Server.

Attachments

• 182536-Sample.doc
    56 KB · Views: 96
You have to change the incoming JDENET Port for PY environment and also DV environment.
Outgoing port is 6015 in your case and is the port to connect on enterprise server.
Incoming port is the port for Weblogic. This port should be different than the others (like for JAS instance).
I think for example you can use
- 6215 for DV and 6315 for PY for incoming
- 6015 for both environment for outgoing.
If you do that, you don't need to create a separate foundation.

Regards

thanks, so when i created the BSSV instance i chose 14200 and 14201 as the HTTP ports for my instances. Presuming you mean plug these values into the "incocming port" setting on the attached?

This means that the outging port is the 6015 and the incoming port will match up the (unique) HTTP port assigned for the BSSv instance??

no they are not the same.
On your attached document, the port are JDENET port. These port are used to communicate between weblogic servers and enterprise servers or two weblogic servers. They should be unique by server.
When you created the BSSV instance, as you said you define HTTP port. These port are used to call your webservice.

Hi Franc,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to assist but I am sorry to say i still dont understand..

1. Development Enteprise Server JDE.INI has one instance of JDE defined for DV / PY and the Serice Name Listen / connect are both 6015

2. The BSSV Instances on the Development Web Server currently have incoming and outgoing JDENET set to 6015.

As you identified this causes an issue as the incoming port defined on the webserver for the 2 BSSV instances cannot be the same. I took the defaults of 6015.

So i guess i can change the incoming port on the BSSV instance PY to something unique but can the incoming port be anyhting so long its unique or is their a relation to the JDE Entperrise server port?

Is the BSSV incoming port simply a unique port that it will receive comms from the Dev ent server on and hance it can be any (unused) port and not specifically 6215/6315 etc which are typically "ent server" ports?

- 6215 for DV and 6315 for PY for incoming
- 6015 for both environment for outgoing.

Sorry for the questions!

No problem, i will try to give you more explanation.

1. Yes enterprise Server listen on port 6015. This should be equal to your outgoing port for BSSV instance for both environment

2. Yes you can change the incoming port on the BSSV instance to something unique. but they needs to map to the Configure Server settings for your BSSV Server

I attached a document to explain in detail the different port settings. This is standard screenshot for OAS but it's the same for weblogic (I don't take time to capture new screenshot.)

Franck

Attachments

• 182558-BSSVPortExplanation.doc
    417.5 KB · Views: 194
How can i configure the localhost 6667 in JDeveloper Weblogic Integrated? I'm trying but its not ping. Do you have any idea?

Back