The Nightmare that is Oracle Portal Server 10g Portlets Won't Load and Cant Register War Files with OPS Provider

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
The Nightmare that is Oracle Portal Server 10g Portlets Won\'t Load and Cant Register War Files with OPS Provider

Hello Again Fellow JDE-ers

Well, I sort of admit to like certain things about Oracle middleware products but the browser interface (to me anyway) really ****s ****s compared to the old Oracle Enterprise Manager I think from 9.X - which is a little slow but much easier to read.

Anyway, what a nightmare (again) of wading through Oracle Portal documentation to get the portal server 10g up and running. I am nearly done but I cannot get my e1oracleportal.war or WebClient_Oracle_Portal.war files registered with the "Provider" so I can sign into Portal and view and access them.

But, Ugh. Almost there. Documentation talks about "Testing" your URL provider but doesn't advise what the PORT should be (although it sort of states port 81 is default port) I created a custom scf file with a diff port number and now I get an Internal Server Error 500 but still testing the Provider doesn't work so I cannot retrieve what provider information to put into Provider register field.

Also, I notice none of the servlets within the war files show as LOADED. In other words they show as Not Loaded. In fact neither does the E1OracePortal provider instance or the WebClient_Oracle_Portal is shows as LOADED even though they are specified to load. Is this a security issue? Or config obviously then.

If anyone has tips on how they got through this spaghetti setup of a portal config-get their servlets to loaded and Providers registered, I would be most grateful. I have opened a case with Oracle on it but thought I would ask here in any case.

In this spirit of value for value I will share my cheat sheet notes once I finish getting this done for those who are rightly intimated by the task and are interested in using OPS for eRecruitment for example.

Muchas Gracias in advance.
Joe Tirado
Senior CNC Consultant

Re: The Nightmare that is Oracle Portal Server 10g Portlets Won\'t Load and Cant Register War Files with OPS Provider

What tools release and version of JDE apps are you on?

If using something recent then you should be using WSRP instead of manually installing the .PAR files.

Colin

Back