E1 8.10 / 8.9.4 compiler requirement question

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
1. MTR for deployment server and Wintel / SQL2000 servers states that the compiler for E1 8.10 with tools 8.9.4 should be Visual Studio C++ 6.0 with RTL 7.1.

RTL = Runtime Libraries. RUNTIME LIBRARY DLLs These DLLs should be located in the Windows system32 directory. The required runtime DLLs will be installed as part of EnterpriseOne.

What is RTL 7.1 for Visual Studio C++ 6.0? Are you sure this is part of 6.0 and not C.net? Where do I get it?

2. Do we need a service pack for C++ 6.0? With Xe and ERP8.0 I needed SP5. I don't see why I wouldn't need the service pack with 8.9.4 tools / 8.10 apps implementation. Please verify.

Fred,

I think that for 8.10 on 8.94, VC++ 6.0 with SP5 should be good enough. Seems to be working ok on my 8.9 system on 8.94 Tools Release

Hello, we have the same problem. Where can I find this RTL library? We tried to install new SP 8.94 on PeopleSOft8.9 release, but without success. Thanks for help. Just now, we are using C++ 6.0 SP5. Thans for help

I personally haven't gotten this far yet, but am told that the RTL libs are on the E1 installation disks.

Back