dynamic selection

HMX

Hi All,
In a report i have a primary section(on my expl is based on F4111 and a type1 of items ) and a conditional one (based on F43121 and type2 of items), i want to have a dynamic selection for the first one ( the user can make a list of DocumentType for expl) this is implemented in the version, for the conditional section the same dynamic selection must be applied. Any idea ??
Thanks in advance.

Hi HMX,

First some questions:

1.) What is your system configuration?
2.) What do you mean: "type1 of items"?
3.) Have you check the archive of the Forum (Search)? Similar issues had been discussed here several times.

1.) You can use the UseSel/SeqFromSection system function to accomplish the task, but it works only, when both section's BSVW is identical (by my experience, this solution not too stable)

2.) You can retrieve the selections for the first sections using WhippingBoy's (Darren Riccardi) solution (custom tables, DSTR and C BSFN required) and apply it on the conditional section in the InitSection event.

3.) You can create a work table, write the doc types into it at doc type level breaks and read them in the conditional section and build the selection based on it.

... and I can more idea, how you can solve it, but it depends on your exact task and requirements, what is the best way.

Please, check the archive - this issue had been really frequently discussed in detail.

Regards,

Zoltán

hi all,
thank u Zoltan_Gyimesi for your answer and this is, i hope, a more explicated question:
1)system configuration=ERP 8.0/SP 20 on SQL 2000/NT4/Intel
2)i have to make in the same ube 2 sections the first section is based on F4111 and the second one (conditional one wich is called in the end of the primary section)based on F43121.the only common thing is the selection of: KCOO the range of date presented in th processing option for the user, the selection of DCTO (for the 2 sections) is not prompted for the final user but is modified by key user when they create or modify versions, and i know that only the BSVW column for the primary section (in my case a BSVW based on F4111) , are existing in data selection prompting.To apply the dynamic DCTO selection in the 2nd section there are constraints:
-making a custom tables, DSTR and C BSFN a complicated solution for a "simple" problem.
-a sub_section_join or a do_custom_section at level breaks of DCTO is not possible because of a specific section_sequence .

how can this dynamic selection can be applied in the conditional section?
THANKS

HMX,

Here is a an idea that may work - if I have understood your requirements. Have the KCOO and the date range entered via processing options, then, in the "Initialize Section" ER of both primary and secondary sections, use set user selection system functions, to which Zoltán referred, to set the data selection for KCOO and the date range based on the Processing Option values.

As the DCTO selection for the to be changed only by a key user, you can create a UDC to hold the DCTO values to be selected. In the "Initialize Section" ER loop through all the values in the UDC and use set user selection system functions, to set the data selection for each. This will mean that the same DCTO values will be selected for every version of the UBE.

Hope this is of benefit.

Back