Downgrading Work Order Allocations

Ewan

Inventory is not downgrading the allocation correctly under the following circumstance.
Using Work With Work Order Inventory Issue P31113, when an item is issued on two separate rows e.g. different lots or the same lot in different locations, only the quantity on the first line is downgraded against the allocation on the parts list. I have tried using the row exit Multi Location, but this makes no difference.

If I understand your question correctly, then I think you`ll find this is standard functionality.

If you add an unplanned issue for a component, because you are changing lot or location, then you will end up with a residual commitment. This is necuase the qusntity ordered is only considered for the first line (the planned issue) and not for the new line (the unplanned issue)

If you want to remove the residual commitment, then you`ll need to modify the parts list record and reduce quantity ordered to match quantity issued. Run R3190 WO repost and then You`ll be OK.

We have a customisation which resets F3111 parts list records in this way once issuing is completed.

Hope this helps.

Back