Does anyone know any tool from Oracle for converting World Writers / FASTRS to E1

ojo

Does anyone know any tool from Oracle for converting World Writers / FASTRS to E1?

I'm still working on one - a personal project.

When done, you'll be able to use your native F830# Tables from World, to build out your Columns and Rows (much the way World Does). The biggest difference will be that Data Selection is Version Based (not file driven, as was in world).

Forward your direct contact info - and I'll update you when the project is ready for the formal Sales Process... I suspect a late February time frame (maybe March) - do to current time constraints (on-project).

JDEResearch.Com

(db)

JDE has a tool. Unfortunately, they don't let users near it. You have to engage them to come in, run the tool to convert the reports you want, and they take the tool with them when they go.

That Oracle Tool creates a Financial Report, based off the world tables. It's really a downer, and somewhat misleading.

In World, the users had complete access to tweak any aspect of the FASTR (Columns, Rows, Data Selection...), then they get a Financial Report that requires them to know RDA (or have a Developer tweak things).

The project / tool I'm trying to complete - puts all that FASTR stuff back into their hands - allowing them to tweak the Columns, Rows, Headings and Such - and it is all editable in screens that will work/react just like a World FASTR.

My design concept: If your users migrated from World to E1, you won't have to re-train them to use the tool. That's quite a step forward from a Financial UBE.

(db)

Back