Disabling tips of the day on Citrix.

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

I would like to know the "official" way to disable tips of the day. I downloaded a doc from the support site, and followed it, setting ShowTipOFDay=0, but as soon as I logged back in, the tips of the day popped up and the registry key was set back to 1. We went so far as to DELETE all ShowTipOfDay entries, but the keys get recreated each time.

Where do the keys get recreated from?? Does the application do it automatically?

I had suggested that the admin perform this change from the console of the server, but he insisted that we could do it through Terminal Services. Is there any issues with performing the change via Terminal Services??

Thanks

When you first sign on, there is a "Tip of the Day..." option available from the Help menu. Select this option, untick the "Show Tips on Startup" tick box, and click close.

We are having exactly the same challenge here.

Just finished an upgrade to E810. We use Citrix with anonymous users. Each time a user logs on the "ShowTopofTheDay" registry setting gets created with the default value of 1, but as they are anonymous users any change they make to not suppress in future doesn't get saved to the registry.

Support have not been any use at present on this. We are considering:-

Importing pre-set entries into the registry - the question is where
Writing a log on srcipt to do this
Group policy - not sure how this will work
ntuser.dat file - someone suggested this but we haven't yet got to the bottom of it.

Any ways around this that anyone finds gratefully recieved. I know this has always been a problem.

Regards

Pete

E810 8.94_R1 Oracle 9.0.2.6 HPUX

Back