Direct Shipped

ivye

Hi List,

I have a scenario on Direct Shipped Sales Order. Appreciate some views and idea.

A Direct Shipped (SD) entred for 100 quantity. This will auto create a Purchase Ordef (OD) for 100 quantity. Perform receiving for 22 quantity. Therefore, the system will advance the status to 580 for invoice to print 22 quantity. Invoice sent to customer. Then realise that customer atcually receive 20 quantity. Supplier invoice show as 20 quantity. How should i reverse this? Can i reverse the receipt and print invoice again for 20 quantity?

Thanks in advanced

ivy

Just for example if a direct ship order has quantity 2 and the order number
is 1103/SD.

The corresponding PO number is 1104/OD

You receive quantity 1

The sales order lines are bifurcated for this specific item as 2 lines, each
with one quantity with different status codes.

If at the time of entry of sales order the status is 520/560 and next status
for direct ship in PO receipt is 580 then one line with quantity 1 will have
520/560 and the other line will have 560/580. Your order activity rules
should allow all these of course.

If you reverse the receipt then the sales order status changes back to
914/560.

I do not think you could do this after sales update.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Just for example if a direct ship order has quantity 2 and the order number is 1103/SD.

The corresponding PO number is 1104/OD

You receive quantity 1

The sales order lines are bifurcated for this specific item as 2 lines, each with one quantity with different status codes.

If at the time of entry of sales order the status is 520/560 and next status for direct ship in PO receipt is 580 then one line with quantity 1 will have 520/560 and the other line will have 560/580. Your order activity rules should allow all these of course.

If you reverse the receipt then the sales order status changes back to 914/560.

I do not think you could do this after sales update.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Yeah you can reverse the receipt and it affects the SD. We just ran into a simular issue. But we ordered 5,000 and received 5,700 so the SD qty got changed to from 5,000 to 5,700 which was invoiced, sales updated. The Receipt was incorrect so we reversed the receipt and the SD qty went back to 5,000. So now we can't do a credit for the right amt. But our SD line didn't go back to a 914/560 status.

Did you get a JE for the SD changing status? How did this affect your Accounts Recevable?

Bill Torreyson
[email protected]

You said the customer has the invoice, so you should (1) assuming you want to deliver the remaining quantity, add a new OD line for the remaining quantity thus creating an SD line (2) issue a credit to the customer to get the sales side right by adding a negative quantity on a new detail line.
(3) For the sake of clarity on the OD side, I would advocate creating a credit detail line in the OD (like in the SD) rather than reversing anything. Your accountants will like you!

Back