Combining taxable & non taxable items into a single line item on sales order/invoice

bigwebb83

Combining taxable & non taxable items into a single line item on sales order/invoice

I am attempting to do a setup that our business users have requested, whereby we have agreed with some of our customers to a combined pricing deal which includes multiple items/services. Some of the items are taxable and some are non taxable. Another reason for the multiple items is the desire to control revenue allocation for each component item. At the end of the day, we want to present an invoice to the customer for "Item D" at $100 per unit. Item D is comprised of items A, B and C. Items A and B are both taxable and Item C is not. Item A and Item B will both have different GL class codes for revenue allocation purposes.

I'm currently looking at a series of line level "do not print on document" adjustments, but I'm not sure that is the right approach for my "hidden item rollup" on the sales order/invoice. Has anyone else done something like this in advanced pricing? A point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Daniel

Have you looked at Sales Kits?
Invoice Print (R42565) has a processing option for whether or not to print Kit Component Lines.
Taxation splitting though ...? Not sure about that.

Have you looked at Sales Kits?
Invoice Print (R42565) has a processing option for whether or not to print Kit Component Lines.
Taxation splitting though ...? Not sure about that.

I haven't tried sales kits yet. I will give that a shot and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion!

There is an adjustment type of "do not print on document", but it doesn't allow you to specify the taxability like the "print on document detached" adjustment type. So I'm not sure that that's going to work unless we modify the bi publisher output, which I'm trying to avoid.

Daniel

I haven't tried sales kits yet. I will give that a shot and let you know. Thanks for the suggestion!

There is an adjustment type of "do not print on document", but it doesn't allow you to specify the taxability like the "print on document detached" adjustment type. So I'm not sure that that's going to work unless we modify the bi publisher output, which I'm trying to avoid.

Daniel

anybody got suggestions? Looks like sales kits may be specific to configurator?

anybody got suggestions? Looks like sales kits may be specific to configurator?

Hi there
Sales kits are not same as configurator, you can use kits in "Stand-alone" mode (just a matter of defining a parent item with correct stocking type + create a BoM with the children.
Worth noting, however, is that JDE does not support kits if you create sales orders through integration (web services, EDI or Z-tables) It only works when creating orders using P4210. However, it should also work if using Orchestration

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01/doc.91/e15119/work_with_kits.htm#EOAIM00091
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01/doc.91/e15086/und_kits_and_cfg.htm#EOABC00285

Hope this helps
Aarto

Last edited:
No - kits are not part of configurator.
You do have to define your kit in a 1 level BOM but the similarities end there.
Your main (parent) Item has to have a Stocking Type of K.
Components in the Kit Bill can be Optional or Required.

If your company doesn't do Mfg I can understand that many of the concepts are foreign.

Hi there
Sales kits are not same as configurator, you can use kits in "Stand-alone" mode (just a matter of defining a parent item with correct stocking type + create a BoM with the children.
Worth noting, however, is that JDE does not support kits if you create sales orders through integration (web services, EDI or Z-tables) It only works when creating orders using P4210. However, it should also work if using Orchestration

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01/doc.91/e15119/work_with_kits.htm#EOAIM00091
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16582_01/doc.91/e15086/und_kits_and_cfg.htm#EOABC00285

Hope this helps
Aarto

ah, I think the integration part may get us. These are all created via a soa integration. I'm also wondering if it would give me the flexibility of defining a particular sale price for each kit component item.

Daniel

Back