Depreciation Calculation

sm_jde

Hi Group,

Wanted some info on Depreciation Calculation.
Has someone tried depreciayion calculation where in case of a group of assets the disposal value of assets sold within the Group is reduced from the total value of the Group of assets before calculating Depreciation.
I hope I am clear in my requirement, in case u need some more info pls revert back.

Valuable inputs r welcome

Thanks in advance

Regards

SM

SM,
This is typically called salvage value. JDE takes the cost less salvage before calculating depreciation. The salvage value can vary from ledger to ledger.
sm_jde <[email protected]> wrote:Hi Group,Wanted some info on Depreciation Calculation.Has someone tried depreciayion calculation where in case of a group of assets the disposal value of assets sold within the Group is reduced from the total value of the Group of assets before calculating Depreciation.I hope I am clear in my requirement, in case u need some more info pls revert back.Valuable inputs r welcomeThanks in advanceRegardsSM
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=52443
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World / Xe® and World Applications mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more

World, OW B733X and Xe

Hi Mike,

Thanks for ur valuable suggestion.
But what I required was some thing different. Suppose I have 3 assets of 90000 and I calculate depreciation on the group i.e on 90000. So suppose If I sold one of those assets for 15000. Then in that case my depreciation should be calculated on 90000-15000 i.e 75000. So the system should reduce my actual disposal value from the Value of the group of assets before it calculates depreciation for the year.
I think actual disposal value and salvage r different terms.
Further how do you use Salvage value in case of a group of assets.
If u could help in this

Thanks

Regards
SM

What it sounds like you would need to do is to do an asset split first. ie: Split the 90,000 asset into one 75,000 and on 15,000. Then you can dispose of the 15,000 asset on it own.

Hi Smith,

Thanks for the input.
But the asset split won't work, since I have three different assets, which I have grouped for depreciation purpose.
Suggestions r welcome

Regards
SM

SM,
There are three alternative you have to correcting the amout you want to depreciate. Split of the portion of the asset you do not want to calculate and dispose of the value, write a JE to remove a portion of the asset value and attach it to the asset ID, or use the salvage value to deduct a portion for depreciation purposes only. The first two options are more permanent in nature as they reduct the asset cost. The final option will allow you to temporarly change the depreciable value, but does not affect the asset cost.
sm_jde <[email protected]> wrote:Hi Smith,Thanks for the input.But the asset split won't work, since I have three different assets, which I have grouped for depreciation purpose.Suggestions r welcomeRegardsSM
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=52758
This is the JDEList One World / Xe® and World Applications mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more

World, OW B733X and Xe

Back