Degraded performance issue with P4210

OWXer

We have been having a serious degraded performance issue with the P4210 in particular since last Tuesday in our Production environment, the whole application also comes to a halt all in a sudden, users used the parent and item as the search key to look for orders and it took over 7 - 10 minutes to return the result, we have no clue what went wrong so far.

We took the recommendations from Oracle to reorg the F4211 and F42119, we ipl our iSeries, it has almost no improvement. Interesting thing is it seems that it doesn't occur in our Test environment, I compared the records between Test and Production environments, they don't have too much difference. We have only about 1.8 M records in F42119 and 47 K in F4211 in Production and 1.7 M records in F42119 and 32 K in F4211 in Test.

We also took the SQL statement generated from the JDE log to run it on our iSeries interactive SQL session, it turns out fine.

Could anyone shed some lights on my issue? It would be greatly appreciated.

I am on XE SP23 Up7. When someone runs an open query in the P4210 here, it slows everyone else in OE down to a crawl. I find the offending QZDASOINIT job and end it. This may not be the recommended or right way to do this, but it might work for you. Thanks, Joanna

i wanted to suggest something similar as well. we had a similar problem a while back and we went all the way to denver for help. all we needed was to analyze the schema in our database and everything was alright. we now do this every week. hope it helps
best regards
shrikanth

Hi,

You can do the following (when no users is on JDE) and try:-
1. Stop the JDE services
2. End the Websphere Services (QEJBAS5 subsystem)
2. End the subsystem QUSRWRK
3. Delete the SQL package
4. Start the QUSRWRK
5. Start JDE Service
6. Start the QEJBAS5 (Websphere subsystem)
7. Generate the Index of F4201,F4211 and F42019,F42119( Generate from JDE - OMW)

Hope it will definitely improve the performance of the Sales Orders.

Thanks
Pramod

Back