Data Transfer to AS/400 - JDE World

Starforce2011

Starforce2011

Dear Fellows;

I need your recommendations.

We have a supplier (customs agency) issuing hundreds of invoices in every period. And our bookkeepers are really tired of making bloody never ending entries. We'd like to make a project to resolve this.

My question is : How shall we prepare the rows of the data upload file (for example 100 invoices included ready to be booked via simple data transfer to AP Module Database) , what shall be the fieldnames in the heading row of the file so that invoices can be correctly booked?

Many thanks..
Rgds,
Ozgur

1.=C2=A0 What is your version of JDE World?=C2=A0 It is a good practice to always mention your version when you post something.=C2=A0 Otherwise you ma y get an answer that does not work for your version, wasting your time tryi ng to make it work.
2.=C2=A0 You said suppllier and AP module, so I am assuming we are talking accounts payable.
3.=C2=A0 Does purchasing, receiving, and voucher match come into play as we ll at your location?
4.=C2=A0 You cannot simply upload data into JDE DB2/400 tables, even though that seems like the simple solution.=C2=A0 The JDE invoice entry program i s doing a lot of things, including creating general ledger journal entries. =C2=A0 Have you considered how you would do the journal entries if you try to upload directly to A/P tables?
5.=C2=A0 A suggestion is to use the JDE EDI interface tables.=C2=A0 Have th is supplier generate an invoice file and write a program, based on the JDE code, to load the A/P Invoice interface files.=C2=A0 Then you can edit the invoices in EDI and post them to everywhere needs to get posted, using exis ting JDE programming.=C2=A0 This is still not an easy process and will take a lot of testing, but I think it is your best bet.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Back