Customer Connection vs. IE6/IE7

dhashimura

Well Known Member
I've previously posted about not being able to open some Customer Connection (CC) attachments and not being able to see all of the information after clicking on some CC links. We're using World, but yesterday I read one of the E1 Application threads, "IE7 could not open pop-up PDF file?". Post #125282 by Nancy_x referenced Solution ID 200972827--in 2005 PS determined that a security setting in IE6 was interfering with the display of some report files and provided procedures to change settings. I changed my Windows Explorer DOC setting and am now able to view more attachments.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I am not sure, that I understand your issue, but revise your IE browser settings and enable pop-windows when you try to open a CC (Customer Connection) window - for me, it was a solution.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

What I tried to say was that one of my problems went away after I followed one of the steps from that Solution ID. I had been frustrated because my Internet browser did allow pop-ups yet I could only open some attachments on Customer Connection. A few World users who had responded to my previous posts described similar situations. I thought that they might also be helped by my sharing this information. I wouldn't have thought to look at an E1 forum for a problem related to Customer Connection.

Thank you for trying to help! When I submitted my post I was certain that I had provided all the necessary information. Wrong again!
Debbie

I bet this was said already many times but since this is off-topic then let say it again: Customer Connection works better with Mozilla Firefox than with any IE version, specially when it comes to those attachments issues. I observed that IE can’t take attachment if it doesn’t recognize extension (ie. Doc -> Word not installed)

Personally I don’t understand why they create so many useless so called 'solutions' …. Does really so simple think like grabbing an attachment need a support case ?

Regarding docs, they even created a case that explain how to hide version changes in Word, yes, they publish word's documents with changes history – you better do not try to open it with wordpad, funny thing, but this could go for a kid in a school but an official document published on a Customer Connection looks absolutely unprofessional to me.

Back