Creation of Flat File

anishshetty

Hi ,

I have a requirement to create a flat file from within a report .I have used the BSFNs

Open Flat File
Write One Line To Flat File
Close Flat File

The requirement is each time the report should write to a new line . The BSFNs do not have any parameters for this .

Would like to know if anyone can provide info on this feature .

Regards ,
Anish Shetty ,
E812 , Toolset 8.98.0.3

The BSFN name "Write One Line To Flat File" does it as it says it, clearly: "One Line" at a time.
PS You do NOT need any other parameter
grin.gif

What I meant was when I write the next line it should start at a new line and not get appended to the previous line .

I am still unclear of what you are trying to accomplish: do you want to write a new file everytime you run your UBE?
If that is the case, you could use the "Delete Or Copy Flat File" BSFN. See sample below:
Delete Or Copy Flat File [DeleteOrCopyFlatFile,B4700230,D4700230,COPBASE]
DS szOriginalFlatFile [D4700230,TXTDIR] <- rpt_szPathFileOld_EFRM [EFRM]
DS szNewFlatFile [D4700230,NFLF] <- rpt_szPathFileNew_EFRM [EFRM]
DS cActionOnFlatFiles [D4700230,EV01] <- '2'
DS cSuppressErrorMessage [D4700230,EV02] <- <Zero>
DS szErrorMessage [D4700230,DTAI] -> RV My Error Message []

A example would be I have a section with 100 lines to process . In the Do section I want to write a line to the flat file . So the report is supposed to create a flat file with 100 lines . The problem is the BSFN is currently appending the lines to the previous line .

I am checking with Oracle to see if this is a standard issue . I have found the following SR already entered 7758041: B34A1010 & AS/400 & No Carriage Return .

Hi Anish,

Try to use B0500025 Business function "Export toFlatFile"
---------------------------------------------------------
Pass ur report RV string in --> szRecord
Full path of Flat file -->szPath
It will add line by line record in flat file.

Thanks,
Bhushan
JDE Technical | E812

Here is Oracle metalink3 Doc ID <font color="blue"> </font> for B0500025 Export to Flat File

1)Do you havedefault font configuration defined in P93081 application?
2) Do you know off any other custom UBE or JDE UBE in your shop working as expected with regards to writing the flat file?

Add a carriage return to the end of the line prior to passing it to the business function

You can look into the function and find whats going wrong in it. Copy and fix it, then use your version util Oracle comes up with a fix.

Chan

--0015175766f28af8c60470ee61d3
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,
using bsfn "GetNew line char" you will get newline character.
if you contact this char you will get data in new line.
try this...

ist.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+this+address

--
Bindu K

--0015175766f28af8c60470ee61d3
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

. </div>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Chan Rana <spa n dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]< <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0px 0 px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">You can look into the function a nd find whats going wrong in it. Copy and fix it, then use your version uti l Oracle comes up with a fix.

eateForm 3.0
<div class=3D"im">
=3DOWDEV&Number=3D149239" target=3D"_blank">entire JDELIST thread</a> i s available for viewing.
postlist.php?Cat=3D&Board=3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities f <div align=3D"center"><font face=3D"Verdana, Arial" size=3D"-2">This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Developers Mailing List.
JDELIST is not affiliate d with JDEdwards=AE.</font></div></td></tr></tbody></table>
[email protected]?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+ this+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Developers+Mailing+List.

T hank+You." target=3D"_blank">Click here</a>. </p>

--0015175766f28af8c60470ee61d3--

Back