Creating a Second Enterprise server - ERP8

ChelseaGirl

ChelseaGirl

I'm setting up a second Enterprise Server at our DR site - JDEENT2 it will have both OneWorld and SQL installed. I'm following the How To : E1: INST: How to Add a Windows 2000 Server to an Existing Windows Server guide.

I'm getting a bit confused at the step; Entering Enterprise (Application Server) Server Map Datasource Information for SQL.

At the first screen I've entered "JDEENT2 - B7334 Server Map" and entered JDEENT2 for Server Name ( the name of your Application Server ), then you select Advanced from the Form menu, enter the database name: "JDEENT2 - B7334 Server Map", then Server Name ( Enterprise Server name ) - is this my current Enterprise server JDEENT1 or the new Enterprise server JDEENT2?

Oracle Add a Windows server guide

You have to have a 2nd copy of your db schema for the new ES. Its whereever the new, 2nd SVM7334 (or similarly named) server map schema is located - the db server name. If your db service is on the 1st ES, then you would put JDEENT1.

Ah I think that makes sense.

I've created Server Map tables in the current database on JDEENT1 with a ownerid SVB7334.

So when I go onto run the tests to check my installation of OneWorld on JDEENT2. One of which is to run a UBE on JDEENT2 it will still be using the Data on JDEENT1.

Then when I have a DR and move the data over to JDEENT2 I'll then modifiy the Data Sources to use JDEENT2.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - I hate data sources!

Back