E8.12 JDE Database Copy

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Aside from our monthly and daily backups, I need to take a copy of the files of enterprise/database server.
I need to do this by TeraCopy or just by Windows Explorer. I can stop the SQL Server service, but I need to ensure than no process will try to connect to the data base service.

When I checked the services, I could see only one service belongs to JDE. It is JDE E812 service.
So I hope if I stop this service, I can proceed to stop the sql service and start copying the files as a wholes ( one drive at a time).

Is there any other services I have to take care of ? And should I stop the application and deployment services also ( which resides on another servers).

Aside from our monthly and daily backups, I need to take a copy of the files of enterprise/database server.
I need to do this by TeraCopy or just by Windows Explorer. I can stop the SQL Server service, but I need to ensure than no process will try to connect to the data base service.

When I checked the services, I could see only one service belongs to JDE. It is JDE E812 service.
So I hope if I stop this service, I can proceed to stop the sql service and start copying the files as a wholes ( one drive at a time).

Is there any other services I have to take care of ? And should I stop the application and deployment services also ( which resides on another servers).

If you stop the SQL Server service, nothing can connect to the database, so even if there is anything besides JDE B9 Network it will not be able to connect - and in that case will not alter any of the files you're trying to copy.

(Apart from the fact that a simple file copy does not sound like a good idea for a "backup" to me)

File copy not a good method.
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) has easy menu and wizard to schedule online backups.

Back