Copy of BF, Tables etc to a floppy

AJRAO

I am wondering if the Business functions, Tables, Reports when developed on PC(Stand alone) be copied to a Floppy disk.

Actually we are trying to upload the business functions, tables etc created on a stand alone PC to the network computer.

Any suggestions on acheiving this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AJ

AJ-

Within JDE this can not be done. Informatiion for the diferent types of objects wiht jde are stored in several locations, such as spec files. There are however, third party solutions that claim (I use the word claim becuase I have never used them) that they can do just that. One is made by oracular called viceversa, another is called ERP Transporter, and I forget who makes it. Now, there is another option. If you can install both the demo path code, and a "real" pathcode (let's say DEV) on the same machine, then you should be able to create the objects in DEV and check them out to that machine. Move all the contents of the DEMO sub-folder into the DEV sub-folder. open up DEV (now has DEMO obecjts) do some check in's and viola.

Aaron

AJ,

There are some very messy ways to make this happen, but none supported by jde. Chances are you will be better off just recreating your work in the actual system.

If this is something you are looking to do long term, I would first recommend finding alternatives such as developing remotely through pc anywhere to a workstation on the actual system or through a citrix box.

If that does not satisfy your long term needs, then you may want to check out a doc on the kg on developing in "standalone" mode. It was written before xe, but would be an excellent start for creating your own solution. You would simply have to research which omw records would need to be moved in the data copy process during the upload.

good luck...

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

HI
Why not just use virtual Pathcode???

If you never before have done it send me your email and i will send you the set up instructions

Regards

Back