Converting Standard Reports

kirshr123

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert a 'GROUP' report to a "TABULAR' report. The reason I am asking is that we use the Cash Req Report (R04431) and it is a VERY long report as it details each Pay Item for each invoice. It would be much shorter if we could summarize these, a feature associated with TABULAR reports. Rather than re inventing the wheel is it possible to simply change the format of the present report to a TABULAR type so as to summarize transactions.

Report at present prints out

Doc No Company Open Amount Pay Item

2501222 00001 5000 001
2501222 00001 3000 002

Would like a single line for 8000 to appear instead.

Hi kirshr123,
Changing a section type is not possible.
And it is not necessary.
You may add two Level Break Footers, one on Doc Number, and the other on Company, and use the Totals special field.
Then, you hide the detail section, and print only Totals (or Great Totals), whichever serves you most.
Warm regards,

Hi Adrian,

Appreciate you taking the time out to answer my issue. If this works it will solve all of our issues!!
Im not an experienced Report Writer so Im not sure where to start. At the design view of the reoport is my cursor mean to be anywhere in particular before I click on 'Section' 'Create' and then 'Level Break Footer' Do I then need to select both Doc No and Company from the box that is presented to me? Sorry about all the questions!!

Many Thanks again

Ian

Hi Ian,
1 - You select the section you weant to break on,
2 - Use the menu Section->Create->LBF, and then
3 - You'll be prompted to select the field you want to break on - one field - one LBF at a time!

Adrian,

Thanks again for the tips...but...Im still not sure where to insert the level break footer!!! I can see so many sections in the design view that Im uncertain where it should go....as you can see from the attachment!! I guess this isnt easy via email as alot of this is visual. It is a little frustrating as I feel 80% solvable!!!

I do appreciate your efforts though.

Attachments

• 85558-Cash Req Rpt.doc
    85 KB · Views: 87
You may notice ONE Detail section, and many, many Level Breaks (three):
- One fellow header, see the Bank Account section, and
- Two nice footers, such as the Supplier Total, and Bank Account sections
What differentiates them is a small but very yellow rectangle, positioned at the top (for LB Headers), and at the bottom (... yes, for the LB Footers).
Inserting a LBF:
- click (this means select), on a free zone of the Detail section
- select menu "Insert"
Have fun,

Adrian,

Firstly, may I congratulate you on being so patient with me!!! You must deserve some kind of 'jdelist' award!!

To make things even clearer to me I have created a very simple report which shows the design view and the results of the report. Maybe Im getting too confused by looking at an advanced report as an example. Just incase I didnt make things clear to you (highly likely!!) what I want as a result is for the following to be displayed:

Doc No Address No Company Gross Ammount

930001832 100088 00300 19,919.61

I attempted to add a 'Level Break Footer' (as per your instructions) to acheive this but it didnt produce the line as above. I cant seem to get only ONE line to display which then sums the amounts. This is so frustrating as I can do all this in Access with no issue!!
If I dont hear from you again Ill know that the patience level has finally run out!!
If things still are not clear to me..then its JDE consultant time.

Thanks again in advance

Attachments

• 85776-Lev Break Rep.doc
    84.5 KB · Views: 98
Hi,
If you really need it, I could VNC to your machine, some night / or on a weekend. The first hour is free!
I suggest you get some training; I went through it ... and I'm happy.
Warm regards,

Back