• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

ConvertDatetoJulian

I'm trying to use Business Function B9800210 to convert a numeric date to Julian. I pass the value IC StartDateNumeric -> mnJulianDateIn
and get back VA_DateRequest_DRQJ <- jdDateToConvert.
My variable comes back blank.

Has anyone used this business function successfully?

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Elizabeth,

Yes, I used it successfully, in B7321! I'll assume your system configuration is B732x.
The Convert DATE to JULIAN asks for a jdeDATE to be converted, therefore it is supposed to be Entered INTO the BF, such as:
VA_DateRequest_DRQJ -> jdDateToConvert

And, the Business Function RETURNS a number, that is the Julian Date, such as:
StartDateNumeric <- mnJulianDateInYYYYDDD
(the truncated "mnJulianDateIn" string could confuse anybody; that is why I just DoubleClick the Parameters Headings, just to uncover the hidden text :)

Warm regards,
Adrian
PS Sometimes, (unfortunately not EVERYTIME), pressing the Business Function Notes could display something, helpful. This time, the Note says: "This function will take a date and convert into Julian date in the format of YYYYDDD. Year (YYYY) is a four digit years and days (DDD) is number of days in the year."

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: Xe SP15 & Update1, Oracle 8i
RS/6000, Citrix

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
I'm not sure if you're trying to go from YMD to jdeDate.

If so, bsfn B410470 - format date from DMY works.

parms are YY, MM, DD (in), and jdeDATE (out).

Gene

Gene Piekarski, Jr

AS/400, B733, SP11.2, NT client
AS/400, B733, SP14, W2000 client

Thank you much. I found that I was not using the BSFN that I really wanted.
I needed to convert a string date to jdeDate (B0800013) and I also found a
document on the KG that explains how to use Date Business Functions.

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Re: RE: ConvertDatetoJulian

You're welcome!
One is glad to be of (any) help, and One would be happier to know the document number!
Thank you, too!

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806, FormScape 2.1
RS/6000, Citrix

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Re: RE: ConvertDatetoJulian

Hi Inna,
It seems that you're not using the JDEList Forums. Maybe that's why you didn't get my reply :)
Here it ... was:
<<Elizabeth,
Yes, I used it successfully, in B7321! I'll assume your system configuration is B732x.
The Convert DATE to JULIAN asks for a jdeDATE to be converted, therefore it is supposed to be Entered INTO the BF, such as:
VA_DateRequest_DRQJ -> jdDateToConvert

And, the Business Function RETURNS a number, that is the Julian Date, such as:
StartDateNumeric <- mnJulianDateInYYYYDDD
(the truncated "mnJulianDateIn" string could confuse anybody; that is why I just DoubleClick the Parameters Headings, just to uncover the hidden text :)

Warm regards,
Adrian
PS Sometimes, (unfortunately not EVERYTIME), pressing the Business Function Notes could display something, helpful. This time, the Note says: "This function will take a date and convert into Julian date in the format of YYYYDDD. Year (YYYY) is a four digit years and days (DDD) is number of days in the year.">>

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806, FormScape 2.1
RS/6000, Citrix