ConvertDatetoJulian

Elizabeth_Graham

I'm trying to use Business Function B9800210 to convert a numeric date to Julian. I pass the value IC StartDateNumeric -> mnJulianDateIn
and get back VA_DateRequest_DRQJ <- jdDateToConvert.
My variable comes back blank.

Has anyone used this business function successfully?

Elizabeth,

Yes, I used it successfully, in B7321! I'll assume your system configuration is B732x.
The Convert DATE to JULIAN asks for a jdeDATE to be converted, therefore it is supposed to be Entered INTO the BF, such as:
VA_DateRequest_DRQJ -> jdDateToConvert

And, the Business Function RETURNS a number, that is the Julian Date, such as:
StartDateNumeric <- mnJulianDateInYYYYDDD
(the truncated "mnJulianDateIn" string could confuse anybody; that is why I just DoubleClick the Parameters Headings, just to uncover the hidden text :)

Warm regards,
Adrian
PS Sometimes, (unfortunately not EVERYTIME), pressing the Business Function Notes could display something, helpful. This time, the Note says: "This function will take a date and convert into Julian date in the format of YYYYDDD. Year (YYYY) is a four digit years and days (DDD) is number of days in the year."

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: Xe SP15 & Update1, Oracle 8i
RS/6000, Citrix

I'm not sure if you're trying to go from YMD to jdeDate.

If so, bsfn B410470 - format date from DMY works.

parms are YY, MM, DD (in), and jdeDATE (out).

Gene

Gene Piekarski, Jr

AS/400, B733, SP11.2, NT client
AS/400, B733, SP14, W2000 client

Thank you much. I found that I was not using the BSFN that I really wanted.
I needed to convert a string date to jdeDate (B0800013) and I also found a
document on the KG that explains how to use Date Business Functions.

Re: RE: ConvertDatetoJulian

You're welcome!
One is glad to be of (any) help, and One would be happier to know the document number!
Thank you, too!

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806, FormScape 2.1
RS/6000, Citrix

Re: RE: ConvertDatetoJulian

Hi Inna,
It seems that you're not using the JDEList Forums. Maybe that's why you didn't get my reply :)
Here it ... was:
<<Elizabeth,
Yes, I used it successfully, in B7321! I'll assume your system configuration is B732x.
The Convert DATE to JULIAN asks for a jdeDATE to be converted, therefore it is supposed to be Entered INTO the BF, such as:
VA_DateRequest_DRQJ -> jdDateToConvert

And, the Business Function RETURNS a number, that is the Julian Date, such as:
StartDateNumeric <- mnJulianDateInYYYYDDD
(the truncated "mnJulianDateIn" string could confuse anybody; that is why I just DoubleClick the Parameters Headings, just to uncover the hidden text :)

Warm regards,
Adrian
PS Sometimes, (unfortunately not EVERYTIME), pressing the Business Function Notes could display something, helpful. This time, the Note says: "This function will take a date and convert into Julian date in the format of YYYYDDD. Year (YYYY) is a four digit years and days (DDD) is number of days in the year.">>

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806, FormScape 2.1
RS/6000, Citrix

Back