combo boxes

DaveBarber

I am trying to add a combo box to a form and associate a UDC to it so it displays a drop down of the UDC values.
I cant get the combo to display anything - does anyone known the procedure for adding combo boxes and associating UDCs? Its something I have never done before and the JDE help is useless on this.

many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Select your combox and associate it with datadictionary item that is having hte udc that you want. This will take care of.

Please follow the following steps,

1) Select your combo box
2) select it and go to Edit Menu
3) Edit > Associate > datadictonary Item
4) Run your application,the Combo box will display teh UDC values that the DD is having

Hope this helps you!!

Hi Gov - thanks for the info. This is how I thought it should be done, but its still not working.
I have created the combo box and then associated DCT data dictionary item with it. I would expect that when I run the app it would show the list of Document types but it just has the text NONE in the box.
Am I doing somethingn wrong?

Dave,

Did you check if your DD item that your are associating
has UDC attached to it and UDC has values.

Hi Dave,

DCT DD item is attached with UDC bydefault. I dont know why it is displaying None.

Just to verify your combo box,.. can you please associate some other DD item like DCTO. We can check where the problem is comming.

Good Luck!!

Morning,
Following the weekend this is now working - very odd. Maybe something was cached that has got cleared. thanks for the help guys. Thought I was going mad.

cheers
Dave

Back