Columnar Report not working fine

patcc

Well Known Member
Hi,

For a columnar reports, the columns labels normally are added by default when dragging business view fields to the report design.

For example for the purchase order report, if you have a purchase order with multiple lines, the column header is printed once and then come all the lines. Independent on the number of pages printed, the column header is printed only once.

Then, when the next purchase order number is processed, the column header is printed again.
All this is done automatically.

Question is how the system knows when to print the column header or not?

My problem is that sometimes it goes crazy and for one purchase order with multiple lines, sometimes it print the column header twice. How can I control this?

Rebuilding the report is not an option for me because it will involve too much work.

Wouldnt this have to do with the processing options you have set up for the report? you should be able to change the options according to your report needs.

The data selection is coming from the standard report R43500 that is:

DOCO, DCTO, KCOO, SHAN, SFXO and LNID.

There is no specific processing option that can cause this problem neither any custom header.

I noticed that only if the system noticed that it will print a complete whole order line at the end of the page, then it moves to the next page and print the header.
If the order line is not completely printed, then moving to the next page there is no header.

can we get an example output, plus a screendump of the report in rda?

Back
Top Bottom