Citrix 4, Xe and Oracle 10g ???

jde_uk

Hello all,

We are changing servers(new names), upgrading our current O/S to Win2003 SP2_R2 and Database to 10g. Also we are installing SP23_U1 on our JDE Xe set-up. Testing has been fine and its time to move into the real life. We have both citrix and fat clients using JDE.

Now the problem is the we do not have dedicated Citrix Servers(version 4) and there are two apllications which have Oracle 8.x.x.x database also on these servers.

We have been told that we need to have an Oracle 10 client for Oracle 10g for JDE to work.

The other applications would need something lower that the Oracle 10 client to work and this is a "fix" for us.

Can anyone think about a way to keep everyone happy.

Yes, buying new servers is one and that will be the last resort
wink.gif

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

1. Oracle clients have excellent backwards compatibility to older versions, so you could run a 10g client only on your citrix boxes and the non-JDE apps should work fine.

2. Alternatively you can install and run multiple oracle clients (different versions) on the same box - as long as you assign different ORACLE_HOMEs to them. You may then need a command file which launches the different apps and which first sets the appropriate ORACLE_HOME environment variable before running the application.

Cheers,

Many thanks Larry for the reply, that's exactly what I think and am trying to convince my Server Team "gurus", I will use your post also now.

Regards

Back