Changing Chart Of Accounts

lawrence_janes

My client is considering changing part of their chart of accounts using P09812/P09803/P09805. We will then be running the R09806 to update the F0911 and the F0902. Whilst I have run through this process for many clients that have been running financials only, my current client in running distribution and inventory systems.
Has anyone run this process on a site with PO / SOP / INV and are there any issues with these tables.
* Did you create a manual conversion for these tables
* Did you leave these with the old chart of accounts (what problems encountered)

Any info appreciated

If my client decides to prototype this process I will post results

Client on XE with all baselines

Have an excel spreadsheet for your before and after accounts. And have it by business unit and company. Are you using monetary accounts? Intercompany? Have all the new AAI's , in Distr, Invty, Mfg., set up before hand, and test things like your receiving, ppv, sales update, closing work orders, costing. Model JE's need to be changed. Take a picture of the AAI tables before you make any changes. Let me know if this is was what you're asking for.

Lawrence,

The primary things to look at on the Inv, SOP and POP side are the AAIs to ensure that you have changed them over correctly. You may end up with entries that do not correspond before and after your change ie. PO receipt and then Invoice match; Non-stock POs that will need to have their charge to account numbers changed.
I hope this helps. Call me on +44 7802-444285 if you want to chat about it.

Cheer,
Peter.

Hi Lawrence

Strangely enough, my client is currently facing a similar dilema. Although we are still early in the decision making process as to how and why, we have written "global update" programs for POP, in particular, F4311, F43121 and F4399. These work really well as AID is the primary key. Fortunately, in our case at the moment, none of the inventory tables or Sales tables have data in the MCU/OBJ/SUB or any other variants thereof. Real Blessing.

Our biggest impact to date is in the configuration (AAI,s etc) Typical for set up, we have completed one environment and synchronised to all other environments using a custom tool developed by the developers.

Other than that, can't offer you much more, until we have learnt the hard way to in all likelihood.

Best of luck

Andrew

Thank You all for your replies

You have confirmed my fears that this is not a simple process, however with correct planning, development and execution it should be OK.
Regards

Back