Changed column on custom business view not showing for web service

KSI

What cache needs clearing to update a web service call directly to a view?

A column in a custom business view had its DD changed. The change shows via databrowser on the web. When a outside 3rd-party web service calls the view, the column still shows the old DD association.

So far, I've tried this:
1. Built and deployed a full package.
2. Manually deleted the 6 spec files on the app server.

What is special about a web service call that is pulling the old association?

"web service calls the view"
How is the web service "calling the view"? Through BSSV? or XML call object? Can you provide details?

Hi,

Check the DB call method for business view in the BSSV. i.e in the processor class and check the columns used from the bsvw in the code.

Regards,
Narmatha.S

Thanks for the suggestions Narmatha. Our integration developer checked the call, but did not find anything wrong on that side.

It appears the app server metadata kernel is still sending old specs. I'm researching how to clear the Metadata cache.

You can try resetting the cache on the server by selecting the "All" option in Work with Servers. I am not sure if this will clear the metadata cache.

If you built and deployed a full package, the metadata cache should have been cleared. You should not have to manually clear it. If restarting services is an option, try that.

Thanks for the suggestions. This issue was this:
E1: PKG: DLL Files Not Consistently Copied to Pathcode Folder During Server Package Deployment [ID 1398125.1]

"The correction will be included in Tools Release 8.98.4.7"
... missed it by that much .

Back