Changed a report template and definition, now it won't process to BI

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
List - I am proof positive that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

I had a BI template and definition that needed a tweak.

I deleted the "Report Definition" via P95620.

From P95600, I downloaded the template, made a formatting change, and uploaded the template.

Back in P95620, I copied a different "report definition" that was attached to a different version
of the same UBE, and pointed at a different template.

I selected the newly created "report definition" and adjusted the UBE|Version and template to what I needed.

I compared the two entries, and they match except for the version name and template name.
In both cases "Blind Submission" is checked.

I did a "submit" on my newly added definition.

When I run the "copied from" template/defintion, which is launched from an application,
I am NOT prompted for output destination, XML is generated, and BIP properly formats the PDF.

When I run the "new" template/definition, launched from the SAME application,
I AM prompted for destination, do NOT get XML, and only get the unformatted PDF.

I have performed these steps numerous times, hoping to see why they act differently.
This has included signing off, and trying from a different machine.

I read the BIP manual looking to find my oversight.

Can anyone point me at what I may have missed that my new template/definition isn't working.

Please and Thanks

BBritain

VIP Member
This may be a stupid question. Did you go to the report version you are running and check it out, go to Row|Version Detail and Form|Report Definition to update the Report Definition on the UBE side?

Ben again,

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
Honestly, no we had not tried that, but I will in a few minutes.

I also found, in the Oracle "Community", a couple statements that
there's a setting in the BURSTING tab that needs to be set.

(Although copying from one that works should have picked this up.)

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
"Ahem"

[size=+2]WOOHOO![/size]
It's "unbroken" as far as PROMPTING and RUNNING THROUGH BI!

Now, I have to figure out some goofy formatting, but that part is doable!
For what it's worth, I didn't see this step in the documentation.

Call Orchestrations From Excel – The Easy Way to Make the Orchestrator Work for You.

BBritain

VIP Member
Good to know you are working! Not sure what documentation you are using, but here is a quickie (from I believe Jay Vickery, but if someone else deserves credit let me know) that I keep handy. Also Scott Beebe has a great paper on the process - much more in depth (you can web search it).

Ben again,

Attachments

• BI_Cheat_Sheet.pdf
    6.5 KB · Views: 37

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
Thanks AGAIN!

Now, another question - one of the environments is giving an error, w/in the UBE Details, that the report definition isn't found.
The FC showing the value is disabled, so it can't be changed.
If I use P95620 to delete the RD that is says doesn't exist, will that enable the FC and allow me to correct this?

(I think SO, but thought I'd ask).