E9.2 BI publisher report definitions with excel and pdf output

tkim415

Is there a way to output an excel file and a pdf file from one report definition? i have one template in excel and the other in rtf format. i want to submit an UBE and would like to produce an excel file and a pdf file without creating a separate version.

In your report definition, check the appropriate boxes for output in each format you want (and if it should be default), and then add both templates in the grid in the lower part of that form.

the report definition gives me an error saying "Templates must be of the same type". i had a rtf template and i am trying to add an excel template. is there some setup i've missed?

You could create 2 report definitions each with a different template and associate both report definitions to the report, run the report with one report definition and then use the BI Publisher republish function using the other report definition. There is an option in the advanced form exit of the UBE submission that allows you to check a box to Prompt for Report Definition and the user could use the next desired report definition. If you wanted all of this in a single step for the user, you would probably need to do some coding or create an Orchestration.

Back