Can't Add an 'OK Button' to a form

dalfanz

Well Known Member
Can\'t Add an \'OK Button\' to a form

HAve a 'work with' form and appears not to allow for an 'OK' button or even a custom button off the menu/exit toolbar in the FDA.

Was the app created with the wrong form type initially or ?

frontend : E1 - 8.12
backend : iSeries

Re: Can\'t Add an \'OK Button\' to a form

What is the Form Type?

Select / OK - can be synonymous?

(db)

I so far couldn't tell.. just denoted of 'work with' which is possibly a headerless detail form type? Sure its not a fix/inspect since lacking the ok button by default.

And there is no Select, ok, custom so far that I see available to it from the toolset unless I have to do something else to pull those up?

"Work with..." forms are usually find/browse forms which don't have an OK button. Fix/inspect forms have Add, Delete and Select buttons that work with or add individual rows. The Select button normally opens another form (fix/inspect, header detail, headerless detail for example) which normally has an OK button.

Hi Daniel, pburch,

pburch wrote:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

#1. APPL or FORM
#2. Why do you ask us - had we created it?

OK button is selectable as standard only on data enty forms as Fix/Inspect, Header and Headerless detail form - think, this is obvious, isn't it?

Daniel wrote
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - at least on XE. For example the Find button appears in the debugger as OK.

pburch wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
I so far couldn't tell.. just denoted of 'work with' which is possibly a headerless detail form type?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Couldn't tell" - what can you tell? Why don't you check in the help on the form, or in the FDA Designer (minimal effort is required!).
Is the grid entry capable at all?????
NO, NO, NO 'Work With..." form IS NOT Headerless/Detail form in JDE convention - it is always Find/Browse form and by default the default entry/start form in an APPL.

At last, almost everything is possible, like to add an OK button on a Find/Browse form - but it is meaningless to detail it, while you do not know, can not tell, etc. - just wasted time to detail it.

Regards,

Zoltán

[ QUOTE ]
"Work with..." forms are usually find/browse forms which don't have an OK button. Fix/inspect forms have Add, Delete and Select buttons that work with or add individual rows. The Select button normally opens another form (fix/inspect, header detail, headerless detail for example) which normally has an OK button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it did happen to end up having a Select button so guess that does indicate a find/browse... is it possible to rename to ok within the CLASS?? Thanks.

Also to Daniel's comment - I'm coming in on this app after-the-fact I didn't know what form they originally created only indication of the 'work with' which was the find/browse v. fix/inspect..hence 'why I'm asking'
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Daniel, pburch,

pburch wrote:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

#1. APPL or FORM
#2. Why do you ask us - had we created it?

OK button is selectable as standard only on data enty forms as Fix/Inspect, Header and Headerless detail form - think, this is obvious, isn't it?

Daniel wrote
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - at least on XE. For example the Find button appears in the debugger as OK.

pburch wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
I so far couldn't tell.. just denoted of 'work with' which is possibly a headerless detail form type?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Couldn't tell" - what can you tell? Why don't you check in the help on the form, or in the FDA Designer (minimal effort is required!).
Is the grid entry capable at all?????
NO, NO, NO 'Work With..." form IS NOT Headerless/Detail form in JDE convention - it is always Find/Browse form and by default the default entry/start form in an APPL.

At last, almost everything is possible, like to add an OK button on a Find/Browse form - but it is meaningless to detail it, while you do not know, can not tell, etc. - just wasted time to detail it.

Regards,

Zoltán

[/ QUOTE ]

1) 'I couldn't tell' since under property it didn't give the form type information and I couldn't recall the name find/browse... but that's probably the form type. But again a select only is allowed and wanted to be able rename it to okay or add an 'OK' as like a custom button?

2) The 'help' on FDA was non-responsive. They may not have loaded any helps on the system to save space or have configuration issues so why I posted here.

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

2) The 'help' on FDA was non-responsive. They may not have loaded any helps on the system to save space or have configuration issues so why I posted here.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try open your APPL in FDA, double-click the form you want to know the type to show properties window. The title of window shows the form type.

Seems your form is Find & Browse check your form type as posted above thru design tool. From your last post it seems you want to rename the Select button to OK?.

Hi pburch,

What is your real target, placing an OK onto a possibly Fid/Browse form? Maybe we can suggest alternative solution.

You can not rename Select under File menu, but you can:
- remove Select
- add a Form class
- ad a custom OK to the Form class
- you can place this "OK" onto the menubar and assign OK icon to it.
NOTE:
This custom OK won't have any auto behaviour, so you should code all of it, based on requirements.

Regards,

Zoltán

[ QUOTE ]
Hi pburch,

What is your real target, placing an OK onto a possibly Fid/Browse form? Maybe we can suggest alternative solution.

You can not rename Select under File menu, but you can:
- remove Select
- add a Form class
- ad a custom OK to the Form class
- you can place this "OK" onto the menubar and assign OK icon to it.
NOTE:
This custom OK won't have any auto behaviour, so you should code all of it, based on requirements.

Regards,

Zoltán

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep figured all that out on my own after some review back in the FDA..

grin.gif

Back