Can I reverse and fix Qty Shipped on a direct-ship order at 620/999 status?

• Thread starter Crazy_About_JDE
  • Start date
Crazy_About_JDE

Crazy_About_JDE

Well Known Member
Hello, list-- I beg your forgiveness in advance if I don't use the correct terminology. I'm normally the "CNC guy" but today I'm a OneWorld business apps newbie looking for an answer to what I hope is an easy question.

One of our buyers has a direct-ship purchase order (OD) whose direct-ship sales order (SD) will be billed to the customer Friday, but with a much higher quantity than was actually shipped. Is there any way to safely reverse it so we can fix the Quantity Shipped and bill it out correctly, without having to issue a monstrous credit?

The sales order has a single line and is at 620/999 status (updated by sales update).

Help! (and thank you in advance)

You probably need to enter a credit order, or a negative line on the same
order to correct the wrong quantity. Then reprint the invoice.

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

Re: RE: Can I reverse and fix Qty Shipped on a direct-ship order at 620/999 status?

Thank you for writing, Andy. I was hoping for a back-end fix (or something similiar) so that we can avoid having to issue a $110,000 credit.

Has anyone else had to face this?

Re: RE: Can I reverse and fix Qty Shipped on a direct-ship order at 620/999 status?

What you're really looking for is a reverse ship-confirm, which is one of those features that I think everyone has always wanted, but it just doesn't exist. Go with Andy's suggestion -- it's the cleanest and simplest solution.

RE: RE: Can I reverse and fix Qty Shipped on a direct-ship order at 620/999 status?

If the problem were caught after ship confirm, and before invoice print, you
could add a negative line for the difference and then summarize by item
number (see processing options) on invoice print. But it sounds like it is
too late to do this without fiddling with the files.

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

Re: RE: RE: Can I reverse and fix Qty Shipped on a direct-ship order at 620/999 status?

Ok, Don and Andy -- thank you for the advice!!

Re: RE: RE: Can I reverse and fix Qty Shipped on a direct-ship order at 620/999 status?

Is it possible to do Ship confirmation on SD orders. I thought D line type doesnot have any inventory interface.

RE: RE: RE: Can I reverse and fix Qty Shipped on a direct-ship order at 620/999 status?

You do not need to do that, because when you get your vendor's
shipment/delivery acknowledgement, you do a PO receipt and that
automatically advances the status of your Sales Order to the invoice step.
Check the processing options in PO Receipts for one that talks about the
next status of the related SD.

Andy
www.JDEtips.com

Back