Direct Ship Orders: Few questions

JDE Techie

Hi,
I am currently working on creating direct ship orders in jde . I am working on JDE 9.1.I went through the oracle document 625588.1 which really gave a valuable insight into the whole process . However I have couple of questions:

a) On the web , I tried to run the specific version for P4210(pertaining to SD)(which is ZJDE0005) by typing P4210|ZJDE0005(Program and then the pipe operator and then the specific version) in fast path . It went to the appropriate screen and then I entered the relevant details in header and detail and an order number was also generated. The order was created . But when I tried to inquire on it(in inquiry screen) , the header and detail part was empty.
Later when I checked the sales UPK and checked how the direct ship order were created, it showed that under the sales menu , it went to a direct ship menu which
lead to the P42101 application (and not P4210)

My first question is : Can we do direct ship orders only through P42101 and not through P4210?

b) I had a look at the order activity rules and the standard activity rules are enclosed(with the name stamp JDE OrderActivity Rules(As-Is).jpg).
However when I looked at the oracle document 625588.1, they mentioned the order activity rules as mentioned in the attached file(with the name stamp OrderActivityRules(MentionedInOracle Solution625588.1).jpg)
In the above document , it was mentioned that the purchase receipts program will advance the status of the order beyond confirmation (through the status mentioned in its processing optin which was mentioned as 580)
So do we need to keep the order activity rules as it is or have it as per the oracle document. I think we need to have as per the oracle document(which has also included the ship confirm process).

Can anyone who has worked with the direct ship orders let me know their experiences and their setup?

Regards,
Joshilay

Attachments

• 181803-OrderActivityRules(MentionedInOracle Solution625588.1).jpg
    181803-OrderActivityRules(MentionedInOracle Solution625588.1).jpg
    14 KB · Views: 148
Adding another attachment to the earlier post .This attachment is the standard order activity rules for (SD order type /line type D) in the installed JDE 9.1 version...

Attachments

• 181804-JDE OrderActivity Rules(As-Is).jpg
    181804-JDE OrderActivity Rules(As-Is).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 112
In response to question a:

P42101 is a newer "powerform" type application for SO Entry. You can still use P4210 for SO Entry (in fact, that's all we use, and we're on E1 9.0).

In response to question b:

We bypass Ship Confirm (which is status 560) in our OAR's for "D" lines on SO's.

Also, as for your records not being there, have you also checked the version of P4310 that is called out in the processing options for P4210/P42101? You'll want to make sure it's using a valid document type, and that you have OAR's set up for the related PO document, too.

Hi,

As Don said P42101 is a new powerform application, it calls P4210 (same version) for order processing => you can use either P42101 or P4210 for any kind of sales order.

Regarding shipment confirmation :
Line type has a D inventory interface, wich means that invenory entries will be created in the finance batch by sales update but no physiscal inventory is managed, therefore you don't need any shipment confirmation step (purchase order receipt should update associated sales order to te desired status, i.e. 580 so it can be invoiced; check P4312 processing options)
P4210 calls P4310 to create associated purchase order

Regarding the order activity rules, it all depends on how you want to manage orders. The attachment in the first post looks correct but ship confirm status update is done by P4312 (PO receipt application), so the status flow would be :
-P4210 : enter sd order at 520-560 (OD purchase order created at 220-280 through associated P4310 version)
-R43500 : Print OD order, updates OD status to 280-400
-P4312 : Confirm OD receipt, updates OD to 400-999 and SD to 560-580
-R42565 : edit sd invoice to customer; updates SD to 580-620
-R42800 : Sales update, SD updated to 620-999

Hope this helps,

Tom
-

Hi Don and Tom ,
Thanks for your inputs . I have a question wrt the direct ship order system
In case of direct orders ,how they manage when there is a return from customer. Will that go to supplier or company will keep it and sell to another customer. If company keeps it then it will hit inventory. In that case wont the shipment confirmation be required ?

Regards,
JDETechie..

Back