Call a BSFN or UBE from Visual Basic or any other programs outside OneWorld

aalon

Hi all,

What would be the best way to call a BSFN or UBE from a process outside of OneWorld/JDE? A data base trigger outside Oneworld won't necessarily launch a TER.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks!

A db trigger outside of OW definitely won't launch a TER as the JDE DB middleware is required to do that.

You can use RunUBE on iSeries to invoke a UBE from the system. Not sure about other platforms.

You can invoke business functions using OneWorld Interoperability such as XML, COM etc. You'll need to olook at the options in the Interop Manual.

Hi,
very easy is setting up the COM-interface (I myself have much problems settng it up for java, java-examples still do not work). The interfaces are described in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.96 Connectors Guide (e1_tools896tcn-b_0406.pdf). Be sure to create a jdeinterop.ini as described. I suggest to create and use a command - file. However I had only one Problem:
When calling the BSFN I had to use ow.ExecuteBSFN("BSFNName", lSessionId, dsObject, conn)
instead of BSFNModuleObject.BSFNName(dsObject, ow, conn, lSessionId), but this may be caused by incorrect ini-settings (they seem to be the even the reason for my java-Problems).

At least an vb.net example how I login:
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
ListBox1.Items.Clear()
TextBox1.Text = "Y"
Try
lSessionId = conn.Login("DEMO", "DEMO", "DEMO812")
ow = conn.CreateBusinessObject("OneWorld.FunctionHelper.1", lSessionId)
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.Message)
End
End Try

End Sub

Regards,
Carsten

Back