Calculating Duration between Days in Showcase Query

Nonserviam

Hello! I am hoping one of you may be able to help me overcome an obstacle with Showcase Query. I have been struggling for quite some time to find a way to calculate duration in a number of ways. These are relatively simple operations in Excel or Access but it would be nice to be able to do this on the fly in Showcase if at all possible.

First Issue: I would like to be able to just tell how many days has passed from the last date updated and the current date. I have tried using CURRENT_DATE - Date( LIUPMJ, CYYDDD ) and it seems to return valid results but the further back it goes the results make absolutely no sense. For instance, showcase returns that 222 days has passed between 7/25/2013 and 10/16/2013. But it shows, correctly, that 13 days have passed from 10/03/2013 to 10/16/2013. What is missing in my approach to this?

Second Issue: I would like to be able to calculate the number of hours between two dates/times. In Excel or Access you could use a function similar to: (EndDate + EndTime) - (StartDate - StartTime) to get a count of hours in between the two dates. I have been unable to come up with anything in Showcase to even remotely accomplish this. Have any of you managed to do something similar? Do you have any recommendations for the proper approach to this issue?

Thanks for the help!

-Non

Hi Ninserviam,
in Expression Manager in Advance Function in there Date Functions is there you can Days_between Function You Find the Number of Days between the two days

Back