The only way I was able to remedy this error was to reload Change Assistant. I think that may be the easiest path.
Here is some added information........................
Unable to Launch Application.
Error: Could not load file/URL specified: C:\Documents and settings\<USERID>\applicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\54\45500876=155f2430
CouldNotLoadArgumentException[Could not load file/URL specified C:\Documents and settings\<user>\applicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\54\45500876=155f2430
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
The shortcut icon that is created with your install is incorrect. OR
The java cache has become corrupt.
1. The desktop shortcut to Change Assistant may no longer be correct. Look at the properties of the desktop shortcut, it sets the path to the file above. When you look for that file in Windows Explorer, the file does not exist.
Delete the Change Assistant shortcut off the desktop and use the java cache viewer to create a new desktop shortcut. Section "How To Recreate the Change Assistant Desktop Shortcut Icon?" in KM article Document 1057524.1 contains the steps to create a new desktop shortcut.
2. The java cache has become corrupt. Clear Java Cache and re-download Change Assistant. For instructions on clearing Java cache refer to section "How To Clear Java Cache - This May be Desired or Needed if Uninstalling and Reinstalling Change Assistant" in KM article Document 1057524.1. Refer to the attachment document (Scenario 3 - Change Assistant Information) for more information on how to locate and view java application runtime settings and shortcut.
I have seen that document and creating the new icon on desktop required javaaws - viewer which does not even open for me to create shortcut.
Also I don't know why it happened in the first place.
Installing Change Assistant:
1) Click here to install the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 39 for 32-bit Windows (i.e., JRE 1.6.0_39). Be sure to install the 32 bit version (i.e. from the list choose Windows Offline Installation, jre-6u39-windows-i586.exe). EnterpriseOne and Change Assistant are 32 bit applications which require the 32 bit version of the JRE.
If you have not installed the JRE, Change Assistant cannot be launched and executed.
2) Click here to install and launch the latest version of Change Assistant.
Configuration Assistant is a standalone Java-based tool. It is available in EnterpriseOne application release 8.11 SP1 with Tools Release 8.96 and above. It allows you to extract and package a subset of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne configuration information (Configuration Solutions) into a portable archive file, which is a PAR file. Extracted configuration can be loaded into any other E1 environment of the same release using Change Assistant. This tool can be run on Web Development Client or Standalone Client.
3) Click here to install and launch the latest version of Configuration Assistant.
JDEE1Tips I thought I have to uninstall and reinstall change assistant but followed your instruction and worked like a charm! No need to install JRE etc.
AL, I noticed you are very active in JDELIST and helpful!
I just checked and the version I installed today is also 3.0.11 and with JRE 7. I would try updating to JRE 7 and the worst case is that you would have to install CA again. It all loads quickly so not a major issue. Good luck.
For your question : Why my CA shortcut execute from following location C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaws.exe and JAVA setting using the program file location ?
Answer is here : E1: CHA: Troubleshooting Known Issues on Installing and Upgrading Change Assistant Versions and Establishing Connections with Update Center and Change Assistant (Doc ID 1640495.1) --> Scenario 4 - Installing and Updating Change Assistant With32-bit and 64-bit JREs
If 32 bit and 64 bit JDK is installed in your Deployment Server then make sure to set the below values in change assistant properties, for change assistant to use 32 bit jdk instead of 64 bit