Business Inteligance

sblex81

Dear Group,
We are currently in the process of evaluating BI applications and have a few questions before we make our final descision. The first question that I have is what BI platforms is being useing? Currently we are looking at Hyperion Essbase and PowerOLAP. Second Are you accessing your BI Platform over the Web? If So what Application are you using? The last question I have is how easy is it to export your Reports into Excel?

Thank you

Shane

Hi Shane

There are a multitude of BI programs out there. Personally I have the most experience with Cognos (Impromptu for reports and Powerplay for slicing and dicing). Cognos is HTML capable and exports to XLS format.

Rgds,

I'm with Sef when it comes to BI. Our company has been using Cognos Powerplay and Impromptu for 2 years now, I think, and it is paying info dividends daily. The catalogue was a chore for our MIS people to set up at first but, from that point on, reporting and analysis has been limited pretty much only by user creativity. And for the not so creative users we have Impromptu premade reports available through an intranet website. It works great and has enabled us to move away from all JDE reports except those that advance orders (eg Pick Slips etc).

Hi friends,
I am working in JDE One World demo version.I have cognos in my system i had installed it in cognos one world folder.But i don't know how to how to integrate both.When i go to Online anyalytical applications and select some application it is simply showing a dialog box saying powerplay.so i don't know wht to do.
I can't able to proceed further.
plz expalin me in detial...........

even i tryed in executive inforamation system under which in daily processing i had opened KPIoverview it lists something
i had selcted salesPerformance it is showing error

should not execute function C:\cognos\bi97\pwrplay.exe

plz help me asap
thanks in advance

b73.3.1,winnt,oracle

We are in the process of installing the JDE solution using Microstrategy.

I'm curious about the other solutions. How much of the datawarehouse was defined out-of-the-box. Did you need to develop the schema and load process on your own?

Are you using a datawarehouse to archive data or just to provide a select group of performance indicators?

I am with Cognos, and we have a complete, turn key BI solution for JDEdwards, that is implemented, typically, in 30 to 45 days per application. This includes a complete data warehouse 'out-of-the-box' built using best practices- star schema dimensions/ measures.

Hey Tommy...it's me..call me when you get a chance.
Ken Tarrant
M&D Information Systems
(804)739-9644 (office)
(804)357-9977 (cell)
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: Business Inteligance

JDEdwards, that is implemented, typically, in 30 to 45 days per application.
This includes a complete data warehouse 'out-of-the-box' built using best
practices- star schema dimensions/ measures.
list/forum.

Ken Tarrant
Business Development Director
M&D Information Systems
804-739-9644

dhelsley,

We're thinking about using Microstrategy.. what has been your experience with it? Positive? Negative?

Thanks,
Vincent

We are looking for a DW/BI solution too. We found Cognos to be good but high in price. I like Business Objects. We found a consulting group Andrews Consulting that has a solution using Data Mirror as the transformation tool and data repository plus using Business Objects as the BI tool. Can be implemented in 10 days per application.

Bill Torreyson
Senior Systems Business Analyst
[email protected]

Back