Authorization Error in PD "You are not authorized to use version application".

adeel

VIP Member
Authorization Error in PD \"You are not authorized to use version application\".

Hello there

I got all answers in my previous posts so thanks everyone.

Currently one of our users have no problem accessing the report R09110Z VER: ZJDE0001 in DV
But when tries to run in PD he is getting above errors. He has same role in both environments. Security works same in all environment and I don’t know why he having the above issue.

Please help

Env: 8.12
Tool 8.96

Thanks

AD

Re: Authorization Error in PD \"You are not authorized to use version application\".

Check the menu setup for the item. One may be executing the application blindly and the other may be trying to prompt for versions, which the user may not have access to do.

Re: Authorization Error in PD \"You are not authorized to use version application\".

Hi cncjunior

I checked both have same menu setup meaning both are setup as "prompt for version".

Thanks
AD

I have checked and both menu setup identical. There must be something else.

Have you tried logging inside SAW for JAS?

Go to "Work with JDBj", on Data Refreshing...clear the security cache.

Hope this helps.

When you say identical does that include the SAME role security assigned to the two tasks (menus)?

Kentoy, I did not try the security cache as we have restarted server so i believe there is no need for that.
Adrain, The role security is different in both environment May be there is conflict in roles within PD?
Thanks

AD

What about version security? Maybe the security on the version itself is set to a higher level in PD than the other environments. Go into BV, and enter the UBE name, click find, and then find your version. What is the security column set to? Compare that to your other environments.

Matthew

Hi,

Try if this helps, using P00950 add processing option security - prompt for versions = Y for the roles assigned to the user for that particular report.

- Joel

Thanks Everyone
Problem is resolved there was an role conflict in PD causing the problem and user had that role which was restricted role.
Thanks
AD

Back