AS/400 Permissions Issue

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
Ok List,

Here is my situation...hopefully someone has seen this before. I am migrating our Windows application servers from one box to another. Our Enterprise server is an i550 caleld JDEPROD. We have two application servers, aptly named, JDEAPP1 and JDEAPP2. The idea was to copy the B7334 directory of one machine over to the other, add the ODBC registry, change the name and IP address to the same as the old one and voila. I started with JDEAPP2 and everything worked great. No issues. This last weekend I did JDEAPP1 and thought everything was good at first. PORTTEST worked with services off and on. I could build a simple package and deploy it. But when I try to run a batch version such as R0006P, or any reports (UBEs) fail with an ODBC connection error. I have attached one of the logs. If you look at the log the problem I see lies here...

1552/1352 Wed Jul 19 17:24:38 2006 jdbodbc.C689

[IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=8001 - CWBSY0001 - User DFLATEBO on server JDEPROD does not exist, Password length = 9, Prompt Mode = Never, System IP Address = 172.25.1.51 - SQLSTATE: 28000

Again, JDEPROD is our AS/400 Enterprise server name. For some reason it is trying to authenticate the actual Edwards user ID, DFLATEBO on the AS/400 rather than using the JDE Edwards account to access the enterprise server. I do not use separate IDs on the AS/400 for each user. Everyone just adopts the JDE ID. If I create an account on JDEPROD for DFLATEBO and give it the same password as her JDE account, everything is fine. Any ideas on why this is happening and what I need to do to correct it? I do not have this issue on JDEAPP2. When a user runs a report, the JDE user ID and password is passed in. Thanks…

Attachments

• 109610-R0006P_XJDE0001_73174.PDF.jde.txt
    3 KB · Views: 219
Hi,

This sounds like you have 'Sign on' security disabled - that would give you the symptoms you are experiencing.

I'd start by checking the jde.ini file on the Enterprise Server and the local client. Ensure the 'Security Server = xxxx' is correctly specified.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

Yeah unfortunately that isn't my problem. The JDE.ini is the same exact one I am using from my other app server that is working just fine.

Back