AR Ledger F03B11 Pay status = A, open amount $0.00

DRGJDE

I've noticed about 3000 RI invoices where the open amount is $0.00 but the pay status is A. Is there a way/reason to close these out? It would be easy enough to SQL in a P so they do not show up as open in Customer Ledger, but I was wondering if there is another way to do it.

thanks

David,
Are you running multi currency? this may be a result of a rounding issue. Check F03B13 and F03B14 to make sure you have off-setting documents for the original amount. If you do, you can change the pay status without issue. If there is a remainder, research the problem before changing the pay status.

DRGJDE <[email protected]> wrote:
I've noticed about 3000 RI invoices where the open amount is $0.00 but the pay status is A. Is there a way/reason to close these out? It would be easy enough to SQL in a P so they do not show up as open in Customer Ledger, but I was wondering if there is another way to do it.thanks
David Goboff
Computer Products and Services
[email protected]
561-241-5133 ext. 208
OW B7332 / SP 11.1 / NT / SQL 2000
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=63489

This is the JDELIST Applications Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears

World, OW B733X and Xe

Has everything been posted for these invoices and the accompanying receipts (r09801)?

Yep. Posting is happy. These are from mostly special sales orders where product is sent out, but the sales order has no dollars (cost or price). There's probably a better way to handle what is happening, but it has been like this for a while.

I guess I wasn't clear. The invoice is created with $0 gross and open. Probably as an 'undocumented feature' that we imposed on the system. We don't mind that the records are created. I was just wondering about not showing them as open.
- dg

If you are going to do an SQL, you will also need to insert a date into F03B11.RPJCL - Date Closed
Have you tried receipting these items? This would close the items and keep the integrity.

Ah! The close date. Yes I was not looking at that. Thanks. I see no downside to assigning these records as closed. It may help with some reporting. I should probably look into a monthly job to keep up with it.

Thanks!

Back