Applying unapplied receipts

Mike Mackinnon

Mike Mackinnon

Well Known Member
I am trying to apply some unapplied receipts that were made in a previous period. When I go in to apply these receipts (P03B102) I change the GL date to a date in current period but when I exit the screen the date is changed back to the original GL date (in previous period). Does anybody know why this happens and how I can change this. We cannot post to previous periods so when I try to post this batch I get an PBCO.

- I do not want to reopen the previous period everytime I need to post one of these entries!!!
- Maybe I am missing a processing option or something??

We do this all the time and have no problems.

The G/L date on the match line is what is important, if you look at the individual line the G/L date should be correct, the G/L date of the original receipt will not change.

When you post the match batch, it will only look at unposted transactions (those from the match) and so will post them.

The original receipt should already be posted.

If the receipt is not posted then this will cause you a problem.

Do not worry about reopening a batch, this is normal and happens with both A/R and A/P, you do not need a new batch number.

I do not know of any Processing Options for this, but you could check your security.

I have found a solution to my problem. Here it is:

The reason this error occurs is that if you update the receipt by selecting the batch from Receipts batch review and go into the batch, you will retain the same batch number and GL date.

In order to prevent this what I would suggest as a solution is force the users to update/apply unapplied receipts using standard receipts entry. Select the unapplied receipt and you will get a new batch number and if you apply cash, when you look at the details of that receipt, you will see multiple batch numbers and G/L dates. The unposted portion (application of unapplied amount) will then be posted in the current period.

That explains why we never have a problem. We always go to the Standard Receipts Entry and not the Receipts Journal Review, when performing matching. It is usually easier to identify receipts from the Receipts Entry screen, you can select by receipt number, date, customer etc.

Back