Advanced pricing with date

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I'm wondering if this requirement can be done with Advanced pricing. Any comments is welcome. We have discounts to some customers that apply in this case

Example:
1) If the customer order before Jan 10, he gets 10%
2) if the customer order before Jan 10 but with a ship date after Jan 10, he gets 8%
3) If the customer order after jan 10, no discount.

Well, point 1 & 3 are easy to setup with an adjustment & Date but I'm puzzle with my case #2.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards,

Eric

We are on E810.

Hi Eric,

No way! You can override the constants priced by order date through using Avanced Preferences #18, but I cannot think of a way to have 1 customer using two different date fields (order date and ship date). I would advise my business or client to pick one.

Sorry this was not much help, but I am interested to hear any other ideas out there!
smile.gif

Good luck!

~Kevin

Hi, like Kevin I can't think of a pratical "non-manual" way to handle this using pricing at order entry.

An alternative suggestion...
1) Give every order entered 10% up until the 10th Jan
2) At close of busines on 10th Jan/11th Jan change the pricing rule expiring on the 10th Jan to 8%
3) Run the reprice (processing option set to Order/Transaction Date) on all open orders with a Request Date > 10th Jan (assumes late orders should still get 10 %???, otherwise reprice ALL orders)

And then advise your sales people to stop making up these kind of deals OR give them this job???

Does that kind of meet your requirements?

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your comments. I had the same ideas regarding setting up this requirements as per suggested but it's not exactly what they want. I wish they stopped being so creative but I guess this is my job to make it work.

Don't you guys think that creating a formula or user program in my adjustment, I can make it work?

I'm sure we aren't the first company creating a special discount like this in JDE.

Any others comments are welcome.

Regards

Eric

Back