Address Numbers vs Employee Number

ohiogal

I was wondering if anyone out there has run across this issue.
We are converting from PeopleSoft to OW Xe HR and are running coexistent with GL. The Address Book has been in use for AP and will now be having the employees added to it. We don't want to have to change the PeopleSoft Employee ID numbers (or use the Third EE Number field in the F060116) for a number of reasons. Some of the EE ID numbers have already been assigned in the Address Book to vendors. Can anyone suggest the best way to resolve this problem while still maintaining original EE numbers? Any suggestions are appreciated, especially if you have already dealt with this.

Also, is it typical for most of you to have the employee who is also a vendor, in the Address Book twice -- once with search type = E, and once with search type = V?

Hi Tammy - One idea is to use the Long Address book field to keep your
Peoplesoft numbers and then let the next numbers default in JDE if that
would work... they you can use that in your interface to Peoplesoft...

We are converting from PeopleSoft to OW Xe HR and are running coexistent
with GL. The Address Book has been in use for AP and will now be having the
employees added to it. We don't want to have to change the PeopleSoft
Employee ID numbers (or use the Third EE Number field in the F060116) for a
number of reasons. Some of the EE ID numbers have already been assigned in
the Address Book to vendors. Can anyone suggest the best way to resolve
this problem while still maintaining original EE numbers? Any suggestions
are appreciated, especially if you have already dealt with this.

Also, is it typical for most of you to have the employee who is also a
vendor, in the Address Book twice -- once with search type = E, and once
with search type = V?

Tammy,

I agree with AME, use the long address field to hold the People Soft employee number and let JDE assign a new address number. Also, I would recomend setting up only 1 address book record for both Payroll/HR and AP. These records would be set up as E (employee) and then you populate the Payables box with a Y (yes) on the Additional tab of the address book to allow AP transactions.

Good luck with your conversion.

Thanks for your response. Next question is how do we secure AP from Search Type E if they are able to pay them out of AP? How is security taken into consideration when using this approach?

Here is my recomendation:

For A/P users that need access to address book records, you will need to give them access to search type E so they can enter Expense Report Vouchers. For this user group, you will want to use application security to lock them out of Payroll/HR applications. ( You really should set this security up for all users who are not in your Payroll/HR groups)

Hope this helps.

Back