Account Model Flag and Trial Balance by Object Subtotals

Jason01

I recently discovered a problem with the Trial Balance Inquiry and the Model/Consolidation Flag used on accounts. Unfortunately, this will require a lot of background to get my question out. Here goes:

I have a series of accounts within various business units that have the same level of detail code (6). Some of the accounts are defined with a subsidiary; others are not. Each of the object-subsidiary combination has a model account in a model business unit.
When I set each of the model accounts to have the "M" flag in the GMFMOD using the R0006QD, it changes the way the Trial Balance calculates subtotals.
All of my accounts with objects 512018 and 513000 (no objects are in between these two) have LOD=6. There are two corresponding model accounts. When I set the model flag to M for the two model accounts, these two objects subtotal together. When I set the model flag back to blank, they subtotal separately (a subtotal for 512018 and for 513000). My model business unit is named such that it appears at the end of the list when sorting by business unit, if that makes any difference.

Now, if that isn't wierd enough, I have another set of accounts right below this. There is a group with object=515000 that has LOD=5. Then there is 515998 and 515999, both with various subsidiaries and LOD=6. When the model accounts are set to M, these subtotal separately. When the model accounts are set to blank, they subtotal together. Exactly the opposite of the first case.
Any ideas? Any really technical understanding of how this form breaks?

I think I solved my own problem. It appears that having a posting edit code of N on some of the accounts contributed to the problem. It looks like the model flag really didn't cause the problem, but somehow in combination with the posting edit code it caused differing subtotals.

Back