8.12 installation

JDETECHNO

I am doing a fresh installation. Everything looks good. I tool the latest Planner ESU - no errors.
When i am trying to install the Baseline ESU, i do not get any error.

However, when i look into OMW, all the new objects do not show up in DV, PY or PD. I checked F9861 and the records were missing there as well. What could be the reason?
confused.gif

E1 8.12, Windows 2003, SQL 2005, OAS, 8.97 Tools Release

ok Guys, firstly, take it easy.
I am not doing an installation for any client. So obviously i am not milking anyone or impressing upon my boss. So the world is not going to end if my installation fails.

This is just an in house project and we are trying to save a few cents by not hiring guys like you who are expensive.

If you guys can help, it would be great! Coz that is what this forum is all about.

As for the ESU, the ESU said it completed successfully. (I did follow the special instructions.)

Another thing, after installing the ESU, i did apply it across different path codes - in case i did not mention this earlier.

Any idea what the problem is?

JDETECHNOT,

Noone on jdelist.com is going to condemn you for trying. OTOH, the symptoms of your problems scream "rookie". If you can't find any OL/OMW rows after a full install, you will not get much further. It would be better that you do your reading and get some training. That way when you do have minor legitimate technical issues, the list will be able to help you help yourself.

Unfortunately, a JDE install is not something for those who do not have a detailed understanding of the technical architecture. Your post indicates that you don't have that understanding. This is not a slam on you - just a fact.

Unless you've had education/training, prior experience, or both (preferred) this is not something you should attempt. You may actually be partially successful but really have a screwed up installation that will need to be re-done from scratch (been there WITH consulting help).

If you really want to do it yourself (I don't have an issue with that) then take the training classes - tell your cheapskate bosses to spend a few bucks.

Buying JDE without investing in training and/or consulting help is like buying a maserati but taking it to Joe's garage for maintenance because his rates are "cheaper".

and, no . . . I'm not a consultant. I'm a JDE customer like you who has successfully done a few upgrades on our own . . . but whenever we went that route we always obtained training first - not to mention we have 20+ years of combined E1 experience in our shop.

So, sorry it seems like everyone is yelling "Stop! don't do that!" at you. Its because we really are trying to save you from a painful and expensive experience.

Good Luck!

Have you created yours pathcodes PS,DV,PY,PD with plan and worbench?

Maybe you expect them to exist just after loading CD on Deployment and Enterprise?

Maybe you set up your Enterprise on SQL2005 without first creating logins and accounts just as described in special instructions in Planner ESU?

Can you access F9861 through utb from deployment ?

Can you access DEP812 environment ?

Are you applying it with Change Assistant ?

There are hundreds of possibilities what has gone wrong with you installation .... so no one can acctually help you.

When you execute ESU executable you are actually applying it to the Planner pathcode which is the pathcode like any other but set up on a local MSSDE database instead on real database, applying it to a patcode is just copying records ....

Have you created yours pathcodes PS,DV,PY,PD with plan and worbench?
Yes

Maybe you set up your Enterprise on SQL2005 without first creating logins and accounts just as described in special instructions in Planner ESU?
All done. Fat client is setup.

Can you access F9861 through utb from deployment ?
Yes with Data Source as OL local for Planner and OL - 812

Can you access DEP812 environment ?
Yes and other envt as well.

Are you applying it with Change Assistant ?
Yes

When you execute ESU executable you are actually applying it to the Planner pathcode which is the pathcode like any other but set up on a local MSSDE database instead on real database, applying it to a patcode is just copying records.

You are right, the ESU is applied correctly in Planner pathcode. I am able to see all the new objects in Planner. However, when i am applying the ESU across different pathcodes, for some reason it completes successfully (that's what is says) but does not copy records from planner.

[ QUOTE ]
When you execute ESU executable you are actually applying it to the Planner pathcode which is the pathcode like any other but set up on a local MSSDE database instead on real database, applying it to a patcode is just copying records.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Bartek has hit upon what happened, given your description. You ran the EXE file without following through and actually installing the ESU through the Planner Environment or Change Assistant.

Have you read through the manual for applying ESUs? If you were able to download it, then you should be able to see the link to download that PDF file.

At the first sight the installation looks screwed up..However...

What did the R987XX PDFs show post ESU was applied on Path Codes?

Also, confim if the Baseline ESU is installed properly at the first place, check the tables under System Local.

Then, you may try deleting all the Merge Logs, change status and re-install the ESU.

Back