8.10 Live ?

ijc

Well Known Member
Hi,

Is anyone out there live on 8.10.

If so, how is it going, any major issues.

Is it as stable as Xe is now

Thanks in advance,

Ian

I've got a few clients live on 8.10 and a few on 8.9.

No real major issues with existing functionality, a few issues with new functions but most have ESU's available.

You can save yourself a lot of testing by going through the ESU's and deciding which ones you think you need before letting the users out. I typically apply 125 - 150 at each client. It may seem like a lot but most are just one object.

As for stability? Well it's pretty solid, much more than Xe SP13 when it came out many moons ago.

Colin

Yes, I remember 13, not the best release for JDE, I assume web also stable, hopefully better then XE?

Colin,

Thanks for the reply - we're one of the first to look at 8.10 here in Ireland so there's not much information about it.

The only way I can think of to identify ESUs is to do a SAR search on our modified, cloned and critical (e.g. sales update) programs and then see what the fix is for. Is there a better way or better still any news of an update release for 8.10 (the same way updates were released for xe)

Thanks again,

Ian

Are your clients that are currently live on 8.10 new installs or upgrades? If they are upgrades, what did they upgrade from, and what level of customization did they have?

Ian,

We upgraded from Xe to 8.9 last October. I went through the Update Center and searched for all ESU's for release 8.9. It was a LOT of ESU's to sift through, but I think it saved us a lot of headaches later. I reviewed the objects affected and brief SAR descriptions to make the call as to whether or not to select each ESU. We ended up downloading about 80 ESU's right up front. Since that initial effort, we've probably applied another 30 or so ESU's.

Don

Dear,

how can I get the last ESUs, if the Oracle closed all access to the update center??

Thanks!

I do have access to Update Center, on both ways: Change Assistant, and on their website.

Back