E8.0 JDE EnterpriseOne 8.10 Tools 8.96.2

mhlongokzn

mhlongokzn

Hi,

What is the minimum requirements for Operating System for JDE EnterpriseOne 8.10. My Client has been running on Windows Server 2008 R2. Now they have been advised to upgrade the OS to Windows server 2019. Will JDE EnterpriseOne 8.10 still work?

Thanks.

According to the MTRs, 2008 R2 was not supported until tools 8.98.3 so the version your client is running is already above what was listed as certified to work. I'm pretty sure that tools release wouldn't run on Windows 2012 let alone 2019. Also, what is the client doing for fat clients? Are they running Windows Terminal Server 2008 because I don't think the 8.96 tools would work properly after Windows XP. The reality is your client needs to either upgrade JDE to the latest release, start looking for another ERP or accept the risks associated with running Windows Server 2008 of which there are many.

According to the MTRs, 2008 R2 was not supported until tools 8.98.3 so the version your client is running is already above what was listed as certified to work. I'm pretty sure that tools release wouldn't run on Windows 2012 let alone 2019. Also, what is the client doing for fat clients? Are they running Windows Terminal Server 2008 because I don't think the 8.96 tools would work properly after Windows XP. The reality is your client needs to either upgrade JDE to the latest release, start looking for another ERP or accept the risks associated with running Windows Server 2008 of which there are many.
Thank you so much Russell for your response,

My Client is on Windows 7 for Fat Clients and we are using the FAT Clients for Package builds, spec deployments and Development Machines.

Thanks.

Back