Crystal and AS/400 ODBC

Jack_Crouch

Well Known Member
We are venturing into offering Crystal as an ad-hoc report option for our OneWorld power users.

I have added Text and Column Headings to all JDE tables on DB2/400 using LABEL ON SQL statements from F9860. This works great for AS/400 tools like STRSQL and such. But for tools like Crystal that use ODBC connection... the text does not come through ODBC.

Anyone know the scoop on this?

I searched archive but did not find answer to this question... seems like I have read something on this before...

AS400 V5R1, XE+XU1+45ESUs, SP16, NT-SQL7 for CO

HI Jack - I don't claim to know all the scoop, but I do use Info Server (old enterprise crystal) quite a bit. First, look under file/options/database. I think you will see a radio button for field name/field descriptions/both. The default is fld name. Secondly, I've added sql alias names to fields and used those. (This is all non-1W.)

For 1W, I've been using the ODA, though it is not flawless. It doesn't seem to like left-outer joins at all. I've configured the odbc to not translate udc's and convert currencies. I initially had trouble with the log on tab in the info server desktop, but I found a software patch that fixed that. So, far its working fairly well, except for the outer join problem, which I've not tried to fix yet.

Hope that helped.

Kyle

XE, SP17, AS400, V4R5M0

Back