Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: UBE ends in E status on server

  1. #1

    UBE ends in E status on server

    Hi guys,

    We have a problem with a newly developed custom UBE...it runs well when run LOCAL but fails on server when submitted from webclient.

    It fails immediately after inserting a single record into a custom table...and the kernel goes into zombie status.

    On fat client LOCAL run it successfully inserts multiple records and generates pdf output.

    E1 9.2
    TR 9.2.3.3
    Solaris & Oracle platform

    We tried with a new table and new UBE....but still it inserts one record and fails...I already approached Oracle support but I believe I can get faster help here.

    Thanks for your help!
    aaro
    Attached Files Attached Files
    aaro
    E1 Xe thru 9.1

  2. #2
    Without knowing what the UBE is doing, first look to make sure that it isn't calling any NER,BSFN,API functions that are client only.
    Russell Codlin
    www.rinami.com
    Capital Asset Management & Manufacturing Specialists
    REST Integration, IoT, Mobile Applications and Job Scheduling for all E1 releases from 9.2 back to 8.11SP1

  3. #3
    Member Tom_Davidson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    772
    You needed to attach the UBE log, not the SAW kernel log.
    Cleindori Consulting
    8.12/8.98.4.14, 9.1/9.1.5.3, 9.2/9.2.0.5/6
    IBM i, WebLogic on Windows, DBCS, Global installations.

  4. #4
    Thanks for the responses.....we figured out that the UBE functions as expected on the server with no logging. But it keeps failing after inserting single record when UBE Logging is set to 6 while submitting on the server.

    UBE is a simple columnar report that reads F4801 and inserts it in a custom table with DOCO as primary key. Please refer to ER attached., Let me know if you can identify any mistakes.

    aaro
    aaro
    E1 Xe thru 9.1

  5. #5
    Member Tom_Davidson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    772
    I see neither a log or ER, being a CNC I may not see the issue in ER, I use the logs.
    Cleindori Consulting
    8.12/8.98.4.14, 9.1/9.1.5.3, 9.2/9.2.0.5/6
    IBM i, WebLogic on Windows, DBCS, Global installations.

  6. #6
    As someone has already mentioned , pls check NER and business functions and make sure they are not client only . Does it work in any server environment perfectly like NON prod , dvb pyb server or it fails there too .

    In the logs , check using keywords like - fail , exception , error , return value is 2 , unable etc and sure you will find something .

    Make sure all is generated like new tables are generated , new indexes , try using generate HTML options in OMW , repromotion and deploy , check deploy logs as well , sometimes some related functions need to be passed too .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company and, or Oracle.