9.1.3 menu freeze issue

morglum666

Well Known Member
Hi All,

We're in the early stages of an upgrade to 9.1 / 9.1.3 in our DV environment.

We've been experiencing a strange issue where sometimes the users are using the web client menus and the menu just fails to expand although there is a sub menu. The user can resolve the issue by restarting from the "Navigator" menus on the top left but its just odd.

Has anyone else seen this problem? We have a call into Oracle but a quick scan of the knowledge garden (I date myself) didn't pull anything up.

Appreciate any info! Web server is Websphere 8.5 on Intel.

Malcolm

Are you using Citrix to publish your IE. Its a known issue and I believe it has been resolved in one of the TR... This is an issue specific to IE

No citrix, no. IE 8.

If you happen to have the bug #, or anything I can reference please feel free to post it or direct message me.

Thanks!

We're occasionally seeing this behavior. I opened a call (3-6281623301 : We are occasionally having issues with menus just dropping off) during our upgrade last year to Tools/Apps 9.1, but we can't replicate it, and neither could Oracle. I let them close it because we were going to upgrade to Tools 9.1.2.3 in February, and I said we would open an new incident if it continued to occur. It did, and so we opened 3-6979667181 : Occasionally experiencing issues with menu dropping off. We are now going to 9.1.3.1 (tonight!) and it is still occasionally occuring. We've taken logs, but they couldn't find anything in the logs for it either.

Not sure if this will help, coming from a functional person such as myself…

We're on 9.1.2 and experience the issue. We're pretty certain that it's a browser setting (IE) getting hosed up but we're not sure why it happens. If we go to the Advanced Browser Settings and 'reset' them, the problem resolves itself.

I'm able to duplicate it with enough effort (I have to go in and out of many applications like a super user would) but I'm not able to narrow it down to a specific keystroke yet. I will say that I am not able to duplicate it using Safari. I've only been able to duplicate it using IE.

If I get some free time, I'l see if I can break it using Firefox…

Glad it isn't just me!

Thanks,
Carrie

BUG 14687337- NAVIGATOR - MENU CACHE - QUOTA EXCEEDED

Basically, it issue a command to clear the IE Cache. Does your user have admin rights in local PC. If yes, it should work.

Interesting!

Ok thanks to everyone for their replies. Our users do not have admin rights - I think we will just tell them to restart the menu process and we'll follow the bug on the knowledge site and see when its fixed.

Malcolm

We are also upgrading to 9.1, tools 9.1.3.0 and experiencing the same issue. I logged an SR with Oracle quoting BUG 14687337. Oracle advised the issue was fixed in an earlier tools release so it should be included in 9.1.3.0 but we are still having the problem.

Hi all,

I met this same problem on a upgrade from XE to 9.1. The problem was fixed by removing special character in the task.
Have a look on Oracle Support : Error "Demand generation failed for APPINFO-: null" in E1ROOT.LOG When Running UBES to Server [ID 1456306.1]

Hope this help

Franck
http://www.nomana-it.fr

Same issue in 9.1.2.4. on IE 9. Opened case 3-7108841061 and was able to duplicate with Oracle recording the session. Oracle has recently sent me a modified 'dropdownmenu.js' and 'e1menu_jar.jar' that they hope will increase the logging in the jas.log such that they can pinpoint cause. I too will have to work on making it happen, as it is very sporadic event. We are upgrading to 9.1.3.3 and support person indicated that they "had no reason to believe that this problem was resolved in .3." I will post an update when I have more info.

Back