F4102 has same 2nd Item with different Short Item #'s

tmackin

Reputable Poster
F4102 has same 2nd Item with different Short Item #\'s

This just raised it's ugly head!! Any ideas on how this could happen?

Any suggestion on how to fix? Should I assume that the item master is correct and then use short item # to retrieve the 2nd & 3rd Item from there while processing the F4102?

I have a scary feeling that this problem has probably 'infected' the F3002, I am afraid to check!

TIA for any assistance anyone can provide

Re: F4102 has same 2nd Item with different Short Item #\'s

You will have to manually clean up the mess by identifying old #s and removing new ones. OR get a backup of the good file before this happened and fix it to minimize the time.

Chan

Someone should have accidentally keyed in numbers in the LITM filed on IB screen. I would look at AITM value on the IB record...

Raghu
XE NT SQL2K

We are on 8.10 and sometimes when an item is copied this has occurred. As the short item is unique, all you need to do is change something on the item master eg put a dot after the description and OK through the sequence of screens to refresh the tables. Beware it may take a while.

In addition to this, you can try following

1. Create a matrix of items with this issue

2. Reference old Purchase Order records (F4311 /F43199) , Sales Order History (F42119), or WO Part Lists (F3111)
to correlate the correct Short # and the original Long Item associated with them.

3. Validate if the duplicate short item was used for any other long item # in the past.If yes that too should be added in validation list.

4. Identify if possible which process is causing it ( typically Z processor bugs and SQL deletions/changes are culprits).

5. If it is not extensive, make such items obsolete and replace with new clean items.Inventory and BOM too will need replacements.

6. You may also want to review cost and pricing rollup for such cases.

P4101 has a Global Update feature Processing Option where if you change the second item# it will update all the tables where the second item# is used. The list of tables that will be updated is in the UDC 40|IC. Of course it may take a long time for the update to run.
So if you change an item# from A to B you can change it back to A and if you set the processing option it will update all the tables. No need for SQL.

Thanks,
Matt

Back