Strange error message after editing form Data Structure

atay2000

Hi all,

I have added a new item into an existing form Data Structure. After that, I have added an IF statement with the new Data Structure member into the form ER. So now, when I run the form, I get the following error message dialog:

"An invalid object has been referenced in an IF/WHILE statement. Application: ... Event: Post Dialog is Initialized".

Accordingly, when I pass a value into this new Form Interconnect variable from another form, it just shows as blank. This is all happening regardless of a new member data type...

Anyone knows why this is happening and how can I resolve this trouble?
confused.gif

All and any help is highly appreciated

Just a wild stab in the dark. Sometimes form fields (FC vars) and will have the exact same name in the ER code dialogs as their captions and you may inadvertently select the caption instead of the FC variable.

[ QUOTE ]
Just a wild stab in the dark. Sometimes form fields (FC vars) and will have the exact same name in the ER code dialogs as their captions and you may inadvertently select the caption instead of the FC variable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am not using any FC vars in my code, the IF statement only has FI that is the new Data Structure member. I am also not passing any FC vars from the calling form...

Can you attach some supporting document Atay? You know, something like a screen-shot, an ER print ...

it's been a week atay. how bout an update? and a reaction to adrian's wise suggestion.

Back